• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poll: CPU Idle + Load temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting...out of 2 pages of posts, only a couple of people listed the ambient temp......the actual difference between the case and load temp would tell more than just "idle and load"...

Anyways, mine are:

Case: 25-26C
Idle: 34-35C
Load: 38C max

XP1700 T-Bred B @2083.8, 1.675V
SLK-800/Vantec Stealth

Unfortunately this poll is not entirely accurate since MB temp "sensors" are notoriously inaccurate in that they are uncalibrated. I laugh when I read that some people claim 22 degree C at idle and 35 load with air cooling. Not possible expecially in an OCed comp.

For proof of this, look at the temps when they check HSFs using a die simulator. Typical load temps on the best HSF are in the 50s.

Samoyed said:
Unfortunately this poll is not entirely accurate since MB temp "sensors" are notoriously inaccurate in that they are uncalibrated. I laugh when I read that some people claim 22 degree C at idle and 35 load with air cooling. Not possible expecially in an OCed comp.

For proof of this, look at the temps when they check HSFs using a die simulator. Typical load temps on the best HSF are in the 50s.

You are right about a 22c temp not normally possible in an overclocked rig. Although you forgot to account for outside air temps that are approx. 30-55F during this time of year. :D So that makes it possible??? Note my rig "Christine" is not OC'ed at the moment. Ambient air temp in my apartment is always less than 65F however.

I laugh when I read that some people claim 22 degree C at idle and 35 load with air cooling. Not possible expecially in an OCed comp.

Like what someone already mentioned, it depends on your ambient temp. I've read that a guy in Canada hauled his comp outside while it's -15C, and got his air-cooled setup to run at 4C max load, and it's with a thermometer :D

Mine varies between 45C load and 35C load (depending on ambient - hot summer in Australia ;) )

yeah when i turn on my comp when i wake up (6:30am) it runs at like 29c full load. at night when the fire has been going all day long(i live in basement) full load is anywhere between 35c and 39c

Idle 50C
Load 54C

Crappy Thermal Take HSF combo, might have to throw water on it sooner or later. XP2100@ 2348 1.825 I PUSHIN IT TO THE EDGE!!!!!! have to many guys on my arse FOLDING HEHE.

Palomino 2000+, unlocked, Volcano 6cu+ 7k rpm

11x166 @ 1.85 volts

28-32c idle, depending on ambient
46-49c sustained 100%, ^^^^^^^

P4 1.8 @ 2.7
25 degrees idle
36 degrees load
(average)
Vantec Aeroflow (no AS3 yet) =]

Back