• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtc413

My specs are:

CPU: i7 3770k Ivy bridge
GPU: GTX670 SLI
PSU: Silent pro gold 1000W
Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-UP7
CPU COOLING: Cooler master "i dnt know the actuall name of it"
RAM: 16GB kingston 1333mhz.

I have a very poor performance with this pc as it should be a very high end one supposedly...

I get a poor fps in every game i play such as wow , tera , archeage and a 1 - 3 seconds random freezes from time to time inside the games and some shadow flickering. My freind's i5 with 560gpu outperformes my pc which is unbeleivable and killing me that i paid that much with 0 performance.

I've tried other forums and none seem to know what the problem is although few stated that my psu is a low quality one but i doubt that it's the main reason im gettin low fps.

My Nvidia drivers are up to date and my cpu is stock not oced since everytime i try to oc i fail to stabalize the system so decided to leave it as optimized defaults.

Attachments

• 481841_10200708227302151_1917695827_n.jpg
    481841_10200708227302151_1917695827_n.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 162
I sincerely have no idea what could be wrong, but you could:

- Try with only 1 GPU.
- Wipe and reinstall drivers.
- Wipe and reinstall OS.
- Memtest the memory.
- Disable any GPU OC.

1333mhz. ram for a i7 3770 ? but why? :)

Go for min 1600 they like it.

anyway i would reinstall windows as #3 wrote. Its a nice setup, it should rocks in game.

I would try one card, cuz somethings wrong if you can't oc the cpu might be the psu can't handle 2 cards

Also double check that you've mounted the HS properly with a good TIM and that your temps at idle and Prime testing are within normal expected ranges.

I recently reinstalled windows and that didnt help and also took the pc to the shop tried different cards like 680 and 690 that ddnt help either....

What drivers have you tried? More than one I assume?

The PSU will not cause flickering shadows or low FPS (works or doesnt essentially).

Are you using the 1st and third slots as recommended? Also are the peripherals set properly in the bios?

How about this:

-Run HWMonitor
-Run a game for about 30 minutes
-Let us know your temperatures.

I agree with the RAM needing to be 1600, not 1333mhz, and preferrably either GSkill or Corsair memory.

Other than that, it could possibly be that your particular CPU might have come from a bad batch, not so much defective, but has a glitch preventing it from full performance, unless there is problem within the motherboard itself.

I agree with the RAM needing to be 1600, not 1333mhz, and preferrably either GSkill or Corsair memory.

Other than that, it could possibly be that your particular CPU might have come from a bad batch, not so much defective, but has a glitch preventing it from full performance, unless there is problem within the motherboard itself.

You realize that's a 1-2% chance, right?

Heat causes throttling, which causes issues like he's seeing. Vastly more common than a defect.

Yeah, I realize that, but still a chance of one in a million. We'll have to wait and see some temp readings before we can determine if heat is an issue.

Might be a possible bad TIM job?

Yeah, I realize that, but still a chance of one in a million. We'll have to wait and see some temp readings before we can determine if heat is an issue.

Might be a possible bad TIM job?

Have to know temps to point to a bad TIM job.

here's a pic of my temps using Hwmonitor

Attachments

• 20130527_230748.jpg
    20130527_230748.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 124
Those seem like idle temps.. What are your LOAD temps (Run Prime95 torture test, small FFT)

To below.......P95, under air, will generally get its hottest after about 15 mins (at least the heatsink is saturated at that point). With a full water loop I would say an hour to make sure temps stabilize, but it does so A LOT quicker on air.

If those are idle that's kinda high, if they are after tests they are fine, but must have been a while after the tests, so get temps RIGHT after testing. You know you can take screenshots right? :)

Run prime 95 for a couple of hours and see what kind of temps you get.

those temp are after 5mins of prime95

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 124
Back