• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i reinstalled windows 2 times not going for the 3rd as im 100% sure its not gna change a thing

And did you ever test it without installing all the extra BS?

If you installed ANYTHING besides Windows, the nVidia driver, and WoW, then you could still have some software or other driver interfering.

i reinstalled windows 2 times not going for the 3rd as im 100% sure its not gna change a thing

Not the way I just said to, though.
If you're installing a bunch of garbage software every time you have not ruled out the garbage software being the issue.

If you're not interested in our help, that's fine.
If you are, I suggest that you do what we say to.

i know a few years ago i had major issues in wow with sli im not sure if that still holds up now but possibly.

and as far as i know neverwinter mmo had sli issues and only used one card up to lik 314.22 drivers not sure if its fixed .

you may be running into a sli issue tbh.

i know a few years ago i had major issues in wow with sli im not sure if that still holds up now but possibly.

and as far as i know neverwinter mmo had sli issues and only used one card up to lik 314.22 drivers not sure if its fixed .

you may be running into a sli issue tbh.

well yeah maybe the games i play dont support sli, quick question how did u oc to 4.8ghz ? everytime i put the multiplier to 48 windows get stuck at start up "motherboard pic" screen till i reset the csmos

there is alot more to ocing than putting a multi to a dif spot.

go to the intel cpu area and use the guides . some cpus dont like even going over 4.5ghz which is 100% acceptable for gaming.

its very based on cooling tho

well yeah maybe the games i play dont support sli, quick question how did u oc to 4.8ghz ? everytime i put the multiplier to 48 windows get stuck at start up "motherboard pic" screen till i reset the csmos

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693613

Read that. It's very easy to do :).

Also if you don't already have one, you'll need a better-than-stock CPU cooler for your chip.

What I said wasn't to overclock to 4.8 specifically, it was to overclock to a multiple of your DRAM frequency. It worked for me when I had this issue.

Back