• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reinstall Windows. It is probably a driver issue. Or maybe some kind of botnet software that uses your GPUs to mine coins without telling you.

It is not that hard, just grab a legit copy and drop the disk in. That's it.

should i buy a ginuine windows ?? or just a copy ?

Last edited:
just buy a new windows from the store...it will be yours to keep and re-install whenever all fails.....

im going to buy one in an hour hope that will fix it or it will be more money waste for this issue

You bought a brand new pc that cost how much? And they didn't give you a copy of windows!! Does it have a windows badge with the the product key on it? Should be a blue sticker on the back or side of the case and must contain the product key or that shop is in serious trouble with microsoft.

Edit: probably did a bad image of windows if they didn't include it.

We can't help you in fixing issues with an illegal copy of windows. It's more or less against the overclockers.com terms of service.

i bought a windows 7 proffesional for 300$ and did a fresh install from disk and did a full windows update, it installed everything successfuly except the nvidia drivers for some reason so i downloaded it manually from geforce.com , logged to wow and same fps lol....

hjt log

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 33
Next time, you can use
Code:
 tags to append logs.

Just for the sake of it, disable that LowerPing thing too. I can't find anything weird on it excluding that and the antivirus, though a properly written rootkit could easily hide its traces and still abuse the GPU.

A friend of mine had a similar experience, even though GPUs reported 100% usage, they only spat 20-30fps. He had a similar rig, 2x580GTX. It seems it was some sort of rootkit that mined bitcoins, but as you reinstalled Windows (from a legit disc I suppose) you shouldn't have any trouble.

I have no idea what could be wrong with your system right now.

Would you just humor me and OC as follows (I had the same problem and this fixed it)
With 1333Mhz RAM, 4Ghz

with 1600Mhz RAM, 4.8Ghz

i have a 2133mhz ram ? and i dont know to make a stable OC to 4.8ghz and my system doesnt need OC to be performing good, i know some1 with a stock cpu similar to my system just with 680sli and does a way higher benchmarks than me

i've reinstalled windows with a genuine copy , did a hardware troubleshoot AND NOTHING fixed this issue i should just give up im not gna pay 1$ more on this pc everytime i spend $$$$$ and nothing changes, i've spent around 4k and yet its acting shiit :)

remmember guys that i told u my freind's old pc is outperforming mine with a 560gpu? well guess wat it turned out that he has a 460gpu!!!! and i7 950 !! ?!?! now how the fuk can that pc get more fps than mine ? is this a joke or something

Reinstalling windows and then installing things like Ping Reducers (don't work, can't work) and such is almost certainly not going to help.

Reinstall windows again.
Install NOTHING except for WoW and Nvidia drivers.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
See how it runs.

Reinstalling windows and then installing things like Ping Reducers (don't work, can't work) and such is almost certainly not going to help.

Reinstall windows again.
Install NOTHING except for WoW and Nvidia drivers.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
See how it runs.

no offence but im not gona do that cuz its not gna help

Back