• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I cant 'thanks' that for some reason...

QFT.

THough in Wow, there is HEAVY world loading which is HDD based, however, if a player says he ran both with no issues..... :thup:

You're probably out of thanks, or tried to do it so soon. vBulletin likes to do that on a car forum that I supermod on.

I've played DiRT, SWTOR, Metro 2033 and countless other games. I've run most from my SSD, but some of them I was playing before my SSD. I had more time to twiddle my thumbs while loading, but my FPS might have went up by 1-2 in game.

I think I was unclear... my fault. What I meant to say is the gaming experience can be different with an SSD versus HDD on games like WoW as there is a lot of level loading compared to say, Dirt. ANy MMO like that will constantly load the world from the HDD. WHile one may THINK its FPS dropping, it could be the HDD loading the level that is giving the appearance of low FPS.

I think I was unclear... my fault. What I meant to say is the gaming experience can be different with an SSD versus HDD on games like WoW as there is a lot of level loading compared to say, Dirt. ANy MMO like that will constantly load the world from the HDD. WHile one may THINK its FPS dropping, it could be the HDD loading the level that is giving the appearance of low FPS.

I ran WoW a time or two off my HDD and didn't get that.

SWTOR has even more of a world to load and it doesn't do that off a platter either.

Don't get me wrong, some things are definitely faster off of the SSD, but an HDD doesn't make it unplayable or have FRAPS showing 16fps.

Not the most elaborate or fluent in grammar, is he?

Did you try rolling back your GPU drivers as EarthDog suggested?
Did you try installing fresh windows yourself from the disc?

Please don't demand responses and answers and then say you love us all.

i do know how to install windows for myself and regarding my grammer what does that have to do with anything...

how to tell if my windows is an image or not and do u guys recommend that i buy a ginuine windows CD ?

If you paid for Windows on your computer, he should have given you a disk. (Or at least a serial number)

i do know how to install windows for myself and regarding my grammer what does that have to do with anything...

It matters because it is hard to tell if you actually did the things we ask without proper communication.

You say you know how to install windows. Excellent. Did you do a fresh install yourself since this issue?

Also, you didn't say whether you tried rolling back your video drivers.

Then you need a copy for yourself. This information would have really helped earlier.

It matters because it is hard to tell if you actually did the things we ask without proper communication.

You say you know how to install windows. Excellent. Did you do a fresh install yourself since this issue?

Also, you didn't say whether you tried rolling back your video drivers.

i never said i know how to install windows, i have no clue how to do that and how many drivers should i roll back ? mine is 320.18 should i go back to what driver version ?

it says actived does it mean its not an image windows ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 35
Just use any older driver.

The point isn't that its activated, the point is that it wasn't purchased by you and you don't have the install media. You don't know what this "shop" did to the Windows image before putting it on your computer. Windows images can be altered before installation, I know because I had to do it to get my server running right.

How did you "use" 2 old drivers? Tell us what steps you took so we can make sure you did it correctly

You need to save any important files on a usb pen drive (usb storage). Insert the windows disk and restart the computer. It should boot into windows installer or you might have to go thru the bios and boot from cd-rom. Either way you need to do a clean install of windows to make sure it isn't a windows error causing bad performance.

You need to save any important files on a usb pen drive (usb storage). Insert the windows disk and restart the computer. It should boot into windows installer or you might have to go thru the bios and boot from cd-rom. Either way you need to do a clean install of windows to make sure it isn't a windows error causing bad performance.

We just went over the fact that he doesn't have a Windows disk dude.

i dont have a windows disk

Back