• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What other games? I breezed through the pages and didn't see any other game titles.
Also I am very familiar with wow, I played since launch.
If he were getting those FPS, I wouldn't be asking the question and none of us would be responding to this topic.
I'm more curious if something else is keeping him from reaching a decent FPS other than GPU power. By gutting is gfx options, it could remove the GPU requirement from the equation.
Hell, he might want to try and use his on chip hd4000 and run wow

I am getting a feeling that it was an image of windows not a clean install. I know when I switched mobo's I installed an image of windows and it ran like crap, missing drivers, corrupted files, ect. I did a clean install and my boot times on my ssd went from 55 seconds to 20 seconds and games had no "lag" so, I'm going to stick with a bad windows image.

I am getting a feeling that it was an image of windows not a clean install. I know when I switched mobo's I installed an image of windows and it ran like crap, missing drivers, corrupted files, ect. I did a clean install and my boot times on my ssd went from 55 seconds to 20 seconds and games had no "lag" so, I'm going to stick with a bad windows image.

my log in to windows takes like 10 seconds lol

Especially since its a shop job. They commonly use images. That's why I suggested he find a clean HDD and a windows install disc and start over.

Xeon_KI: first post lists multiple games, wow, Tera, some other game I've ne'er heard of, and "etc.". I agree with you about eliminating the game settings. It's just that its pretty clear its not a settings issue at all.

Especially since its a shop job. They commonly use images. That's why I suggested he find a clean HDD and a windows install disc and start over.

Xeon_KI: first post lists multiple games, wow, Tera, some other game I've ne'er heard of, and "etc.". I agree with you about eliminating the game settings. It's just that its pretty clear its not a settings issue at all.

i agree with u regarding the settings, but about the window i dunno to be honest.

i agree with u regarding the settings, but about the window i dunno to be honest.

So new question who built this? You say a shop, like a mom & pop shop? A friends store? What was it? Full custom computer I take it? Windows already installed? Are you sure mobo drivers and everything are even installed?

Elementary questions, but I knew a guy who ran a "shop" and passed off illegitimate windows installs on all the pcs he built and sold. He never used the right drivers or anything like that. He had an all in one slipstreamed disc that covered all if his bases... Kinda. Most o the crap ran like ****. He now owes Microsoft millions, and no longer has a business.

Just saying you need to be sure everything is installed properly on your system. If you don't know how we can help you. But do t trust a "shop" right now, they're the ones who sold you this thing remember;)

Not the most elaborate or fluent in grammar, is he?

Did you try rolling back your GPU drivers as EarthDog suggested?
Did you try installing fresh windows yourself from the disc?

Please don't demand responses and answers and then say you love us all.

a few things that have helped my gamming.
changed from hdd to ssd-cleared up hangs.
defraged the drive-ditto
fresh windows install after trying to use a restore- helped lots of things.
updated the video card bios to make them match-better frame rate.
backdated the video driver- helped frame rate.

I hope you correct the issue.

Like others have said, I feel like a clean install off of an actual disk is the way to go. Do you have the Windows DVD? Is it directly from Windows?

Once again, did you test the HDD? That's the first thing I'd do as I had the EXACT problem two years ago.

The old system still works too, but still has the same problem. (Couldn't bring myself to toss my first homemade system :D )

No SSD? If its HDD then theres the problem!

That is so far beyond wrong it's insane.

There is no fps difference from running wow off a 5400 rpm HDD or an ssd. I do both. Regularly. Why? Because logic tells me there should be. So I keep testing hoping results will change lol

An ssd improves loading times, not fps.

That is so far beyond wrong it's insane.

There is no fps difference from running wow off a 5400 rpm HDD or an ssd. I do both. Regularly. Why? Because logic tells me there should be. So I keep testing hoping results will change lol

An ssd improves loading times, not fps.

That's inaccurate. I run some games off of my SSD and some games off my platters.
I cant 'thanks' that for some reason...

QFT.

THough in Wow, there is HEAVY world loading which is HDD based, however, if a player says he ran both with no issues..... :thup:

Back