• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I gave up reading by page 5..

There is no clam logic behind the fault finding here.

I mean for all we know, it could a faulty Ram stick, hes running 4 sticks, take out 2 sticks, and try. 8Gb ram is enough for any gamer out there, 16gb is over kill, and it has been seen many times that 4 sticks can result in bad performance vs. 2 sticks.

I would take out 2 sticks, make sure the 2 sticks left, are placed in the correct slots to work together, and then for the love of god man overclock that to 1600, it should do it without issue, (but thats a later on move).

8Gb, try it. on top of that, DAMN a high ping.. I ***** abouy my ping being 9ms on speedtest.

I gave up reading by page 5..

There is no clam logic behind the fault finding here.

I mean for all we know, it could a faulty Ram stick, hes running 4 sticks, take out 2 sticks, and try. 8Gb ram is enough for any gamer out there, 16gb is over kill, and it has been seen many times that 4 sticks can result in bad performance vs. 2 sticks.

I would take out 2 sticks, make sure the 2 sticks left, are placed in the correct slots to work together, and then for the love of god man overclock that to 1600, it should do it without issue, (but thats a later on move).

8Gb, try it. on top of that, DAMN a high ping.. I ***** abouy my ping being 9ms on speedtest.

+1 That is along the lines I've been thinking too, since the beginning, if not the CPU itself (very rare) or internet connection speed, which tested and showed <1mb upload speed, and is rather low IMO.

Again, internet connection has nothing to do with FPS. The connection can muck with his experience, with lagging and rubberbanding, but it does NOT affect FPS.

16 FPS is low for that setup.

In the past, you may have had to increase Vtt when slots were filled.

The benching thing is due to the stress 4 sticks put on an IMC versus 2 and the peak clocks you can get. 4 sticks at 1600MHz shouldnt be a problem for even the weakest Intel IMC.

In the past, you may have had to increase Vtt when slots were filled.

The benching thing is due to the stress 4 sticks put on an IMC versus 2 and the peak clocks you can get. 4 sticks at 1600MHz shouldnt be a problem for even the weakest Intel IMC.

Hes on 4x 4Gb 1333mhz.

No matter what, one could be faulty, it wont take 20secs to remove 2 sticks and then test it.

8x/8x is what that board breaks down to. I dont think it has a PLX chip. Not to mention, the difference between 8x and 16x is about 1%... not the difference here.

I agree that it sounds like he should wipe all the GPU drivers and start with a single clean install, single card and then SLI after he gets expected performance from the one card.

yo guys im back from the shop, tried replacing everything and tested each gpu alone then together and replaced my DDR3 16GB 1333mhz with 2 stick viper 16GB 2133mhz. Added liquid cpu cooler Corsair H80i. the performance is still trash but atleast we made sure nothing is damaged and this maybe to the games not my hardware.

forgot to mention that i replaced my sli 670 with a titan just for testing and the exact same fps so yeah.

Did he try your processor in another motherboard? And did he try another motherboard in your system?

8x/8x is what that board breaks down to. I dont think it has a PLX chip. Not to mention, the difference between 8x and 16x is about 1%... not the difference here.

I'm not sure which board he's using I gues. Just that slot placement can be an issue if he's got one in an X4 slot. I'll still register as SLI but perform more like one card, That's all.
I wasn't referring to X16 vs X8

moved my processor and cards + rams everythin to the asus and beleive it or not LITERALLY same fps hehe

Back