• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Popping my WC cherry: what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are there any known issues with fitment of compression fittings on the Apogee XT using 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD tubing/fittings?

I know they come with regular barbs and the general concensus is there is no gain of using compression fittings, but i like the look of them..

I think it's called the "alternate mounting" in the instructions: Remove the inlet plate, turn it 180 degrees and re-install it. Make sure the o-ring is in proper position before re-installing the inlet plate. It's made to do that for larger comp fittings.

If im looking at a simple loop such as:

single bay res--->mcp655--->pa120.3--->apogee xt--->res

and later i wanted to add 2 gpu's to my loop...

I would get another pa120.3 and create 2 seperate loops with a dual res, my question is would 2 mcp355's do the job? one per loop? im trying to decide on the pump but planning for the future so i dont want to go overkill with the 655 if the 355 will do the job (because of space issues).

OR, would i be able to put the gpu's on the same loop with 2 rads using 1 655?

1x 655 will do the 2 triples and 3 blocks (low to medium restriction) and res just fine.
at the same time 1x 355 with aftermarket top will handle it as well.

petra's tech shop sells it, as well as sidewinders.

you could also use a silver kill coil.

Back