• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Portal 2 discount at Kmart/Gamestop this weekend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/FPS-Portal-2-Pc-gaming-Kmart-GameStop,12666.html

Gamers who have yet to purchase a copy of Valve Software's just-released Portal 2 may want to hold off just a little bit longer... at least, until this weekend. Both Kmart and GameStop are knocking off up to $25 from the original retail price for the console versions, and around $20 for the PC version.

According to the Kmart Gamer Facebook page, the discount retail chain will offer Portal 2 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for a mere $34.99 on Sunday, May 1-- typically the console versions sell for $59.99. The new sale price will apparently be advertised in the Kmart circular found in Sunday's newspaper, but there's no indication of when the sale will actually end.

Joystiq also reports that GameStop will kick off its Portal 2 sale on Saturday, April 30. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will charge $5 extra than Kmart's pricepoint the following day, costing $39.99. The store is also selling the PC version for $29.99-- it regularly retails for $49.99 off the shelf.

Consumers who game on both the PC and PlayStation 3 may get the best deal by heading to Kmart and purchasing the PlayStation 3 version. This particular copy will provide an additional code for unlocking Portal 2 for the PC on Steam-- essentially two versions of Valve's instant classic for a mere $34.99. Not too shabby.

Wow, I didn't expect to see Portal 2 go on sale for at least a month or two. Well, great deal for cheapskates like us who wait for sales to comes. :p

Great find bud. Now....where the hell can I find a K-Mart round here. lol

Oh that's BS. I pre ordered the game for 40$ (bought the 2 pack), and didn't get crap for it. Last time I pre-order a game without extras.

Oh that's BS. I pre ordered the game for 40$ (bought the 2 pack), and didn't get crap for it. Last time I pre-order a game without extras.

You get what you get for buying it at or before release. If you ever want to actually get it cheap, then wait until after :)

You get what you get for buying it at or before release. If you ever want to actually get it cheap, then wait until after :)

Yes, I know. I've sort of realized this. the post you quoted is pretty clear on this. :mad:

Not mad at you, this is just annoying. oh well, at least I got to beat it before the day after release. I honestly couldn't have waited that long, but still seeing it another 10$ off what I paid for it is just annoying.

:)

I'm holding out for $20 at most, and am annoyed that I can't play it yet. Either way, something is going to be annoying :)

I got it for 35 from amazon preorder and got it delivered day after with amazon prime. :D

Back