• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible to fit a "Monsta 360" in a Haf-X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukestrothman

Does anyone know if this would be a possibility? Even with a little customization, I ordered a monsta to originally hang off the back, but as janky as that might look I really wanted to try everything in my power to keep it in the case....

Wondering if anyone has succeeded?

Judging, by looks only, I do not own a HAF X nor a 80mm thick rad, from using a 60mm thick rad you're probably going to run into clearance issues with the top of the motherboard with the fans mounted on the bottom side of the rad inside the case. You may be able to get away with mounting the fans outside the case under the top screens and the rad underneath them. Do those top screens come off and could you mount the rad there with the fans inside the case underneath it? Just throwing out some possibilities.

I thought about mounting the rad only normally, and putting the fans under the grills on top of the case... in a push downward, but then that would be blowing the hot air through the rad into the case... Would that necessarily be a mad thing??? Cool air from outside blowing hot air into the case?

I guess I would just need good air through the case to exhaust it... That also leaves me with the 240, not sure where I would be able to mount that...

If you can get enough airflow through the case putting the fans in a push configuration blowing into the case isn't the worst thing.

Hmmmm, now you got me thinking over here :D :D I'll just wait for everything to come in and see if I can get away without mounting this thing on the rear... :D thanks

Isn't it funny, when you have such a large case and it still isn't big enough. :)

Isn't it funny, when you have such a large case and it still isn't big enough. :)

Haha, I've honestly contemplated buying the 900D, but said no. I don't care I'm making the HAF X work, and if it doesn't I'm hanging this baby off the back. LOL! Not like I do shows or anything , and in the end if it works how it should and looks clean. I am happy.
:D

Look at my case its made to watercool
The price is alot cheaper than the 900D
Newegg has them for $250 shipped lasted I looked
I was like you in my old case and was going to hang it off the back but bought the primo instead now I can do what ever I want and can afford lol

Look at my case its made to watercool
The price is alot cheaper than the 900D
Newegg has them for $250 shipped lasted I looked
I was like you in my old case and was going to hang it off the back but bought the primo instead now I can do what ever I want and can afford lol

Wow, I do like that case...... Hmmmmmmmm crap
lol

I swear this hobby is a never ending money pit.

Well, little update, Mr. GTX JackBauer up there ^ convinced me on the 900D.... So that is on order... lol.

No more Haf-x. I figured I'm going to redo the whole loop, I may as well do it right the first time.

:) So excited!!!

I don't care I'm making the HAF X work
LOL how quickly your tune changed, I agree with your decision though, I had my 360 rad mounted on the back of one of my other cases and it just looked wrong. In my eyes, besides cooling the parts better, watercooling should also make the rig look better. Getting a case that fits your parts will look much more appealing. Plus new toys are always fun to get. :)

LOL how quickly your tune changed, I agree with your decision though, I had my 360 rad mounted on the back of one of my other cases and it just looked wrong. In my eyes, besides cooling the parts better, watercooling should also make the rig look better. Getting a case that fits your parts will look much more appealing. Plus new toys are always fun to get. :)

That's the whole problem I have, I have a thing with "Unboxing" things, lol it's like Christmas on a daily basis. :D :D

the only thing i see that with an 80mm thick monsta, you need some serious 38mm fannage, or go push/pull... which brings the thickness to +120mm... that is a LOT of space required.
But if it doesn't fit.... there's always the Clarkson solution :D

clarkson+hammer.jpg

the only thing i see that with an 80mm thick monsta, you need some serious 38mm fannage, or go push/pull... which brings the thickness to +120mm... that is a LOT of space required.
But if it doesn't fit.... there's always the Clarkson solution :D

clarkson+hammer.jpg

Roger that, :) Hahahaha

The monsta will fit for sure, and I am going to use noiseblockers for the fans, and start out with just a push for right now, but very soon I will order the other 3 for the pull.

The UT60 240 will be in a push / pull with bitfenix spectre pros.

Well, little update, Mr. GTX JackBauer up there ^ convinced me on the 900D.... So that is on order... lol.

No more Haf-x. I figured I'm going to redo the whole loop, I may as well do it right the first time.

:) So excited!!!

Wait, wait, WHAT?! You're going to get me in trouble here. :rofl: Well all I did was open up your mind to the possibilities. You were going to hit a wall with the Haf-X with anything else you'd want to add to it. Say another GPU for the loop which would than need more heat surface etc. Plus you made it clear you hate anything outside the case. I did also bring up the Primo at a more affodable option but you insisted the 900D got you all fuzzy and warm inside. I said hey its your money, do as you may.

Phew.......got that out of the way. :p

Roger that, :) Hahahaha

The monsta will fit for sure, and I am going to use noiseblockers for the fans, and start out with just a push for right now, but very soon I will order the other 3 for the pull.

The UT60 240 will be in a push / pull with bitfenix spectre pros.

Is that the biggest 80mm rad you have? (I forgot the biggest size of the monsta and too lazy to tab out and search for 30 secs) You better be careful fitting such thick rads in any case. The 900D has lots of room down there but once you go push n pull on thick rads they either won't fit or almost touching. Measurements and plan ahead my son. :attn:

Key thing here, look at other watercooled 900D build logs and those with monstas in them. A lot of people don't do that. I sure did on every build log and grabbed a bunch of ideas and made it my own.

Wait, wait, WHAT?! You're going to get me in trouble here. :rofl: Well all I did was open up your mind to the possibilities. You were going to hit a wall with the Haf-X with anything else you'd want to add to it. Say another GPU for the loop which would than need more heat surface etc. Plus you made it clear you hate anything outside the case. I did also bring up the Primo at a more affodable option but you insisted the 900D got you all fuzzy and warm inside. I said hey its your money, do as you may.

Phew.......got that out of the way. :p

Is that the biggest 80mm rad you have? (I forgot the biggest size of the monsta and too lazy to tab out and search for 30 secs) You better be careful fitting such thick rads in any case. The 900D has lots of room down there but once you go push n pull on thick rads they either won't fit or almost touching. Measurements and plan ahead my son. :attn:

Key thing here, look at other watercooled 900D build logs and those with monstas in them. A lot of people don't do that. I sure did on every build log and grabbed a bunch of ideas and made it my own.

Haha well noted, this is going to be a fun build. :) I'm debating putting the monsta in the basement in a push, and the 240 in the front right after the stock 120's in front of the 900d, with them in a pull. to exhaust.

EDIT: Also Jack, I'm not getting you into trouble, it's saving me saying REALLLLLYYYYY later, when I am trying to fit a monsta and a 240 in the haf x , and then being pissed because I need to order the 900d. I'm getting it out of the way now.

Tax return, and some extra income funded this. :)

I don't have any issues with a 480 Monsta in push/pull on the Primo case and I don't need 35mm fans to push through either
My fans run @ 650 rpms unless I run prime at high overclocks
The UT60 rads are some darn good rads too

Back