• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powder coating?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea, thye sell kits to do it yourself, i heard they actually do a good job but they look very cheap to me, you just use your oven and it takes along time.........

its VERY expensive to get it done professionally, i wouldnt know where though

i think i saw the kit on yearone.com, or jegs.com or some autoparts or paint website

wun911 said:
Where or how do you powder coat a PC case??

Well I guess in this case I am lucky. Take a quick drive down the road from me and I can get to a powder coating place. Not sure about price wise. Just search up powder coating.

Try to find a place that is doing a large job in the color you want, and see if they'll add your pieces for a reasonable fee. That's what I'd like do with one of my cases, anyhow. Let us know what you end up doing and what the cost is. :)

Dont do it yourself unless you have a spare oven outside. The fumes can get trapped in your house and leave it in your food. A pro shop can do it in any color combo you want as long as you have the $$$ to do it. I paint them instead because for one thing, powder coating can warp your case and another it gets on everything. So if you had holes you get it on and need to put something in there you have to drill or grind it off to fit again.

From what I could find out about the powder coating is simply the more complex the part, the more expensive it will be. Powder coating is really nice, no doubt about that, but you got to slap down the money sadly.

Probably be cheaper doing layers of automotive paint with clear coats.

Back