• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power supply only has one power cable...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay guys, after much research deliberation and under constraints of my bank balance i decided to buy the corsair tx850m. Your thoughts on that please?. I'm hoping 850 watt will leave margin for overclocking should i wish to in the future as rightly pointed out by nightman 28?. Just one last problem though guys... Everytime i connect up these two molex male cables coming from the inside of my case (the are supposed to power a set of aesthetic lights on the front of the case) I get a horrible 'old motorcycle' noise at which point i keep my finger on the power button to power off cos it sure doesnt soung healthy!! whats going on? am i trying to connect to the wrong peripheral cable coming outta my psu (i've tried them all!!) or is it a fault with the case or what??

i would guess its your front case fan probably got a bad one or something fell in there durring shipping maybe a piece of cardboard or something.

Hi Guys! Its just me again in desperate need of some help!. First of all the overclockers website wont allow me to post my query in the right forum! so i'm not sure whats going on there?. Can someone please help me about this?. Secondly, I purchased a sapphire hd 7870 ghz edition gpu about two days ago for my above system but i have not been able to install it successfully. Firstly, i tried installing the driver software from the enclosed cd. The drivers appeared to be installed sucessfully but there was an error report created. I did not fully understand the error report but i thought it was due to the fact that i had not installed the graphics card first. After correctly installing the card into the pci-express 16 slot, I switched on my pc. I have tried both connecting my hdmi cable from monitor to motherboard hdmi input and also monitor to sapphire 7870 hdmi input. The system appears to boot and the twin fans of my gpu were spinning. however, there was no signal to the monitor. I then read in the enclosed instructions that I was supposed to disable the on board graphics in my bios. So, I shut down the system, removed the graphics card, restarted my system and disabled the onboard graphics in the bios. This led to greater problems as i was then unable to get a signal on the monitor via the motherboard graphics. I had to clear the CMOS to return to default bios setting and succesfully regain picture to my hdmi monitor via onboard graphics. My pc no longer loads windows succesfully and i am now in the process of reinstalling windows os and all motherboard drivers etc. Please can you advise me to succesfully install my sapphire 7870 ghz edition gpu?

System specs are as follows...
mobo- gigabyte Z77-D3H
Ram- 2x 4GB ddr3 @ not sure what speed (just standard i guess?)
Corsair tx850m modular psu
be quiet shadow rock pro aftermarket cooler
C.I.T Mars red case
Sapphire HD 7870 ghz edition graphics card (THE PROBLEM I AM WRITING ABOUT!!)
Sapphire support website wont allow me to 'create a ticket' so that i can tell them about my problem!!!

Since you're reinstalling Windows anyway, install Windows with the GPU in. It should output using the default Microsoft generic VGA driver. If it doesn't, it's something wrong with the video card.

you keep the gpu installed when switching off the integrated video then F10 to save settings then switch your HDMI over to the ATI card then reboot,also once in windows download new drivers from there website never use the ones on the disc unless you have no net,as there probably outdated already.

Back