• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply surges detected!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Which PSU killed the HDD and GPU in two days? The one you mention in the first post or the one in the closet? If the one in the closet is what you meant, I certainly would not use it again. Get solar panels, dude.

they're expensive :) and yeah the one in my closet! It's a green 530w eu series :|

I was joking about the solar panels but not about using that green PSU.

They are supposed to, but, it cant because its so low/high, hence the message. He appears to have dirty house power so I would go UPS first to see if that can smooth things out better as that is what they are supposed to do as well and with the assistance of the battery versus a PSU that doesn't have one.

A good test would be a different, known good PSU if he has that laying around.

A good PSU should shut off if the range of input power is over or below. This is what has me thinking it's the OP's PSU, or at the very least, even if it was the utility power, it's already been affected by the dirty power and is not working properly. Either case, I'd try a good known working PSU first.

If a UPS is required, and the power is really that bad, I would recommend a Active UPS, instead of the run of the mill ones we can easily get in any big electronics store. But those cost quite significantly more then what a good top end PSU would cost.

Get a used rackmount UPS (you should be able to find one for free or dirt cheap if you look hard enough) and replace the batteries. Great way to get a top notch UPS for cheap.

Used..... I don't feel good about used stuff! If i find one :p you don't know what kind of stuff they have done to it! in terms of hygiene too :D

Back