• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PowerColor RMA - HD7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

I just wanted to post this so that others might learn from my mistakes. I will NEVER buy another PowerColor product again, only due to their customer service. My HD7950 has now been in their hands since 11/14 and the only status the website gives is 'received'. When I called to complain, I was told to just "wait another week" because 2 weeks is a perfectly normal time for them to turn around an RMA. Now on 12/1, half a month later, the website still just says 'received' for my card. I will call tomorrow to give them hell, but I don't expect to get any additional help from their barely-English-speaking "customer service" reps. I should have pad few dollars more to get a card that wasn't from a bargain bin POS company such as PowerColor. :mad::mad::mad:

That's actually pretty similar to my experience with Asus. Its fairly normal, my Asus rma ended up taking I think 5 weeks or so from the day I sent it in.

That's actually pretty similar to my experience with Asus. Its fairly normal, my Asus rma ended up taking I think 5 weeks or so from the day I sent it in.

Fortunately I've never had to RMA something, so I may be completely naive, but how have we as a market allowed multiple weeks to be the accepted turnaround time for a defective part??

I had to RMA an SSD to GSkill a few months back. Took almost 2 months but I was in no real hurry. I contacted them for status a time or to. First time they said they had my RMA but were out of stock on my drive#, 2nd time I called they were still waiting however they had the facility in China send me one and I got it a few days later. I used to due the RMA process at a computer mfg. and while it's not an excuse or anything it was quite a job. Lots and lots of different issues and parts they used to call my area Mt. (last name) for my mountain of RMA's :D

By the way they sent me a sealed new drive :thup:

By the way to the original poster what I would do is first be nice when you call back, 2nd go over to New Egg or such and search through power color product reviews till you find one with a manufacturer response follow the directions or links and note the support guys name and seek him out for assistance. Tell him you have been waiting but would just like to know whats going on and when you can expect to see a part, yada, yada,

But don't yell, For many support people will always just want to get off the phone when someone starts yelling. They lose interest in helping.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
When I called, I was told they had "plenty" of my model in stock, so it wasn't a that they were waiting on manufacturing or anything. They just haven't bothered to test it. I feel like customers should generally get the benefit of the doubt and have a refurb or whatever sent in after a certain amount of time. Its pish-poor customer service. When you bring something back to a retail store and tell them its broken, they don't tell you to go kick rocks for a few weeks while they test it.

That does seem a tad on the long side just to move it forward. With the few RMAs I've had to do (mainly with MSI, Asus, and OCZ), I usually had it back after a few weeks. But, I'm with rogbur22. Keep on them. Call, email, whatever, but don't **** off the CS reps. I bet they get a lot of angry customers, if you treat them like humans they'll be more likely to work with you.

I have been fortunate and have only had 1 RMA, It was with Corsair, From the time I contacted them for the RMA till I received my replacement PSU was 8 days. I was happy with the service.

Back