• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PR3ACH3R BIOS for NF7-S V2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I havn't noticed anything different. I seems to me that it was just a rearange of the menus, and some different default settings. I notice no extra speed or o/c ability. I am so close to giving up on this MB.

login211 said:
Hood are you saying that 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 all work for you at fsbs over 225 WITH cpu interface enabled??

btw what improvements have you guys seen with this bios? this is the only bios that ended up getting corrupt for me, i had to get another bios chip.... i may try it again if it improves sandra scores and what not...

i'm sticking to the tictac bios 22 betaking for now :/
Ok I have done some testing with the 2800+ Barton, heres what I can get (all with CPU Interface enabled)
9.5x max was 250 on 1.7v chipset
10x & 10.5x max was 225 on 1.7v chipset(never tried with lower voltage though as I have heard that can help sometimes)
11x max was 235 on 1.7v chipset
11.5x max is 235 but this is the CPUs limit.

Hood

Prime stable at 9.5x 245
10 and 10.5x at 225
11x at 235
11.5x at 230

Hood

i'm not sure what you mean by max but let me ask you this:
with cpu interface enabled, what happens when you set the bios to 10x227? the vdd is unimportant

if you are unable to boot then yes your mobo has the multiplier issue like all other nf7s...

Hood said:

Ok I have done some testing with the 2800+ Barton, heres what I can get (all with CPU Interface enabled)
9.5x max was 250 on 1.7v chipset
10x & 10.5x max was 225 on 1.7v chipset(never tried with lower voltage though as I have heard that can help sometimes)
11x max was 235 on 1.7v chipset
11.5x max is 235 but this is the CPUs limit.

Hood

I had a metal lever'ed (cpu) nf7 and could use 10 and 10.5.

I now have a plastic lever'ed mb, and can't use 10 or 10.5 even at 210fsb.

I dunno if this helps...I just think some mb's for some CRAZY reason can't handle 10 and 10.5

login211 said:
i'm not sure what you mean by max but let me ask you this:
with cpu interface enabled, what happens when you set the bios to 10x227? the vdd is unimportant

if you are unable to boot then yes your mobo has the multiplier issue like all other nf7s...

What I am saying is it looks like my mobo AND the 2800 have the 10/10.5x multi issues. I didnt have these issues when I had a 2500+ Barton in, so to me it seems relate to CPU/mobo combination rather than just an individual mobo.

Aragorn Elessar said:
Any ETA on the revised PR3ACH3R BIOS?
Afraid not, PR3ACH3R is still working on it, he likes to make sure things are OK even before he releases it to the testers.

Hood

iLLestOne said:
I had a metal lever'ed (cpu) nf7 and could use 10 and 10.5.

I now have a plastic lever'ed mb, and can't use 10 or 10.5 even at 210fsb.

I dunno if this helps...I just think some mb's for some CRAZY reason can't handle 10 and 10.5

Not sure if that helps since I have one with the metal lever also and can not use the 10/10.5 on my 1700 313...2500 is locked so I can not test to see about the computer/MB issue theory...

Hood said:

Afraid not, PR3ACH3R is still working on it, he likes to make sure things are OK even before he releases it to the testers.

Hood

Well, thats actually a good thing. Too many bios modders that throw them out there without really testing them. Good things are worth the wait.

But tell him to hurry up! LOL j/k :)

Last edited:
I just wanted to know if this BIOS will work on NF7 rev. 2?
I might just give it a go when he releases the newer one.

The Coolest said:
I just wanted to know if this BIOS will work on NF7 rev. 2?
I might just give it a go when he releases the newer one.

This BIOS is exclusively for rev2. I'm running it now, and it has not given me any problems.

What mobo? NF7 or NF7-S? I just want to make sure before I go and screw something up... I have NF7 revision 2.0, will it work?

Its for the NF7-S so it would be a risk to try it on the NF7. I wouldnt advise it unless you have access to a spare BIOS or you have a BIOS Saviour.
Hood

the download link is dead on the website...can anyone send me this file

Tony420 said:
the download link is dead on the website...can anyone send me this file

Read the whole thread, there's a couple links here.

I wanna try it, because my current bios totally sucks. Can I just use AWDFLASH 8.23K, and do I also need to enter the /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /cks /R switches?

Last edited:
I just AWDFlashed it, nothing special, works fine.

Back