• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pre-owned hardcore (LN2) overclockers motherboard for everyday use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aardtyllyf

Registered
Sup guys,
I am new to OCF as a poster, but was reading this board for quite a while now.

I have a killer deal to buy a pre-owned motherboard, which was used only in two short bench overclockers sessions by a well-known comrade.
This motherboard was used in two LN2 CPU overclocks of Phenom II up to 6+ GHz and then resting in the box for quite a while.

What i want to know is would i have any problems with this motherboard if i use it on stock values for 24/7 non-intensive work or that board is wasted due to degradation of mosfets and power-lanes?

Thanks in advance for your input and time.

ps: Hope to stay on OCF for a while.

Last edited:
FYI this is OCF (OCForums), OCN is a different site...

That said, as long as the person took care of the board and insulated everything properly (and it still works) then it should be fine. I haven't had any issues using boards that i have taken cold or haven't heard any complaints from anyone I have sold to.

Ooops, was writing that post sleeping, sorryz. ^_^
So as the story goes, if the board works and no visual damage could be seen - everything is ok and i can use it with no worries?
I ve heard that due to high temps even motherboard copper layers could be dammaged, or power lanes which are all over the mobo. Is that right?

I think a quick test of said board is in order....conjecture is just conjecture, the ONLY way to be sure is fire up the board and stress it a bit, if there are any problems, they will surface immediately, seller should be agreeable to this...

As far as what you heard, if it really concerns you, then don't get the 'used' board, go buy a new one so you can be worry free with warranty....

laterzzzzz.....

Back