• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prescott's Hot? I beg a Differ.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fAlCoNNiAn

Check this out, 3.2e prescott sl7e5 @ 3.3 , 206 fsb. default voltage. thermalright (the best) sp94 + AS5 + enermax 92mm. makes me one happy camper. load goes up to about 25C. :D :beer:

neoshooter12mz.jpg

you either ducted cold air from outside to your case (judging by the weather report on your screen)

or you have one screwy thermal sensor reading that temp

what theme is that and were did you get it? .whats your room temp?

also VERY bad looken 5 vott rail

uhm wow with temps that low you should hit at least 4.2 stable, there has to be cool air coming in from somewhere to be reaching 12c like that

feel your heatsink..at the base ..does it feal hot?.. theres no way with air to get below room temp.. NO WAY .. ..watercooling.. and the extream stuff yes..but ..just air.. i dont care what fan you got on there..something can only be cooled to the temp of whats cooling it.

untell soeone with unreal power tells me so ..god.. or some admin, mod who has tested this and verafide this..

with air or watercooling you will not get your temps below ambient

now stop bragging about a malfunctioning sensor

the only thing that'll get you below ambient is TEC or phase change

and if speedfan reads your voltages wrong... its reading your temps wrong as well :rolleyes:

Sneaky said:
with air or watercooling you will not get your temps below ambient

now stop bragging about a malfunctioning sensor

the only thing that'll get you below ambient is TEC or phase change

and if speedfan reads your voltages wrong... its reading your temps wrong as well :rolleyes:

really? oh so then explain why ez tune reads the temp the exact same as speed fan, but the voltages are totally different?

here is the bios screen after reboot, the bios reports 23C after restart:

dscf03216dm.jpg

..well unless you find a muiti meter to check ..then i NEVER trust my speed fan ..or anything else. i got rails with in 2% from idea to load.. and it says i got a change of 4% from spead fan.. o well.

also ..u can get blow room temp with water.. its having a res thats open..and you can toss ice in it ..LOL. i surgust you get a rma on your motherboard...or drill a hole in your heatsink and put a themal diode in it.

edit, i didnt see the post above.. i was typing

another thing.. speed fan and others ..and the bios ..all read from the same chip.. so if the chip is reporting wrong.. all the temps will be wrong

Well, 72 F. room temp is about 22 C. So, the claim to having 25 C. load temp is not actually less than ambient, but it is obviously inaccurate nonetheless if we are talking air cooling.

well your sensors aren't reading the accurate temperatures

many motherboards are on average 5-10ºC off, thus why you shouldnt rely on them for 100% accurate results, but in your case, they're WAY off

its possable to have room temp..

*turns on torndo to max and takes the duct from dryer.. and puts it outside in the -8 snow.. waits 5 mins ..WOW look my temps are 15 on air.. amazing. ...but you dont got a any tornado ..or duct ...so thats my imo ...

dont mean to be mean.. casue thats what you may be thinking as you are new.. but unless someone else was to verify this..someone with a few stars or someone of high standing..

i have seen when someone had a load temp of 24 ..the guy was happy.. keep saying he was right when everyone said it was a mobo prob with the chip that reads the temp.. well everyone else was right and he was wrong when he thought he could oc his chip 1 full ghz and raise the vottage from stock to 4votts higher.. he fried his mobo and his cpu..and the videocard has been artafacting ever since.

edit.. as i typeed this ..2-3 people replyed.. thats it i am going to go and buy a voice to type thingy ..lol ..just some good info..

and yes mobos do have temp change.. my abit nf7-s reads 10-5 high.. it says its 40 right now when from my themaldiode thats under the cpu ..and cost me 200 dollers to get it set so its with in .2 degress reads 34.6 ...so there yea go.. i am off to find what stick of my new ram works best and lets me get the best oc

I have an SP-94, SF2 running full blast, huge full tower case with lots of ventilation, cooled mofsets, ambient of around 63F (heater off) and i idle around 40C at best. This is on an Abit reading (known to be high). I can't believe your temps are that low, sorry. Grab a temp sensor or something and see what temps are.

i have that CPU too at it always runs like 54C at idle and upper 60s at times gaming...with a Gigabyte heat pipe

i have a SL7E6 up to 3.83 (225x17) on water and that idles cold start at 35C then ultimately climaxes under 100% load at 50C ,,, then idles later at 40C...

those both are 103w CPUs

I too say bragging is great, but you are fooling yourself with those readings...i say you could be ourside at -10F and not do that, nice bragging though.....

I am 90% sure that the sensor giving him the " CPU TEMP", is actually reporting the CASE TEMP, but is somehow 'routed' to the CPU Temp sensor @_@

Talk about a defective motherboard...

Oh--and WHERE are the SYSTEM temps? Why isn't case temp shown?
What about Power mosfet (PWM) temps?

Every board reports the system ( case ) temps..heck, even boards made in 1998 reported case temps (even if boards that old didn't report CPU temps yet).

I don't know what's up with your motherboard--perhaps you configured something wrong in the BIOS. But the temp shown should be the ambient / case temp. Of course, I could be totally wrong and it could be a broken/defective sensor, but who knows? I still can't believe you actually thought that's your real CPU temp. How old are you, anyway? Did you build that system or did your parents build it?

Well here's my temps. Keep in mind this is on a Vapo. :D
pcprobescreen.jpg

Notice icon tray - that's the Vapo control panel (evaporator head temp in C).

Back