• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pressure and FPI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
So, I know there's a tradeoff of pressure/performance/silence, but if you have a ~30fpi radiator and a fan around 11mmH2O, will it still be pretty quiet at lower RPMs with good performance?

That's an impressive fan if those specs are correct. Most low-speed fans that are quiet only produce around 1mm H20, give or take 1mm.

A 30fpi rad is not going to like a low-speed fan, regardless of the static pressure. It will work, and you may be able to cool your gear, but the performance is going to take a serious hit, IMHO.

I can't speak for the fan unless you can tell us what type it is, size, rpm.

That's an impressive fan if those specs are correct. Most low-speed fans that are quiet only produce around 1mm H20, give or take 1mm.

A 30fpi rad is not going to like a low-speed fan, regardless of the static pressure. It will work, and you may be able to cool your gear, but the performance is going to take a serious hit, IMHO.

I can't speak for the fan unless you can tell us what type it is, size, rpm.

The fan in question is a Delta AFC1212D-PWM.

Of course, with it being PWM, the system could control the speeds. It varies from 25% signal at 1720RPM, 50% signal at 2420RPM, 75% signal at 3150RPM, and tops at 3400RPM.
Even in the 25-50% range you should get pretty high pressure, and still decently low noise, unless I'm just off-the-wall with my assumptions (which has happened)

The fan in question is a Delta AFC1212D-PWM.

Of course, with it being PWM, the system could control the speeds. It varies from 25% signal at 1720RPM, 50% signal at 2420RPM, 75% signal at 3150RPM, and tops at 3400RPM.
Even in the 25-50% range you should get pretty high pressure, and still decently low noise, unless I'm just off-the-wall with my assumptions (which has happened)

Haven't used that fan...the specs almost seem too good...at $18 I think it's worth a try.

Haven't used that fan...the specs almost seem too good...at $18 I think it's worth a try.

I mean, it is Delta. They give you this spec sheet about its numbers and how they were obtained.
Not saying that makes it true, but its a huge step over most all other fans.

I'm almost set on them, especially for the price, just wondering if anyone has experience with them on 20+ or even 30+ fpi setups.

Yeah, I about like anything Delta makes myself, like the CP-850, had never tired any PWM's they made looks nice to me.

Look like great fans to me.

Maybe a bit loud side for my taste, but they are PWM I guess.

Last edited:
If noise ain't a problem which won't be with the selection of the rad, it should be perfect for it. I know on a 20 FPI rad (BI GTX 360) sweet spot is 2200 RPM (300w) in benchmarks. Anything less and you're losing performance. So I can imagine you'll need more than 2200 RPM on that rad.

If noise ain't a problem which won't be with the selection of the rad, it should be perfect for it. I know on a 20 FPI rad (BI GTX 360) sweet spot is 2200 RPM (300w) in benchmarks. Anything less and you're losing performance. So I can imagine you'll need more than 2200 RPM on that rad.

Well, I've got some plans in the works, so I'll report back when I know :thup:

if it ain't enough, just go push/pull at 50% to overcome the 30fpi with less noise as one Delta at full speed

P-P is always a good option. I should have room to do that just fine.

Back