• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pretty darn cold!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I live in nyc also, really cold! My school was just about the only one without a snow day yesterday:mad: I might try opening my window, but do you think there is any chance of my watercooling setup freezing? Seems unlikely but I figure I better ask.

omg, your guys temps are cold, its 12f here and parents would kill me or just make my computer fund go twards heater bill :(
wish i had cool parents or just my rad in my garage , you guys think i can do it, its about 10ft from comp into attic and would a 1250 be enough to power it....?

you will need more than a 1250 for that.... what you could do is buy a HUGE pump and put about a 20 gal fish tank both up there and the pump up there also then fill it with antifreeze.... you would have great temps and wicked flow.

We're used to the cold here, and it takes about 2 feet of snow to cancle school, and all through my years of school( been done for 4 years now) and I have never seen our schools closed due to extreme cold, but they are today. My little brother's bus froze up on the way home last night and they had to sit in the cold for a half hour till another bus was able to come pick them up.

supreme said:
eew and its like 35C! here every day, i hate summer

Lets switch homes for a while :D I think my body forgot how to sweat.... it hasn't had to do it for such a long time!

you get school canceled for -35!? Damnit. it gets to -40 here WITHOUT windchill and I still had to go to school <_< lucky bum.

quite cold here in toronto too.-18 or 20 now i think,so my wife cranked the heat up and my case temp is 26c at idle compared to the 21c i had on mon. and tues. urrgh!

Freezing my a$$ of here in NB canada. over te past week temps have been around -40C to -45C with the windchill and the heat in my residence is broken. all the rooms are like 10C. there is ice at the foot of the beds that are against the outside wall.

and my pc is running fine ;)

today was the first day it went ubove -10 in weeks, it was 35 below the other day with 45 mph winds...no idea what the wind chill was, but i heard it went below -50 one night...my room hasnt gotten over 55 (f) in a week or so, it sucks. i go out to wait for the bus at 6AM....very cold. althoguh i thought about setting up shop in hte garage and seing how cool my comp would get, i have yet to do so. it was actually 10 ubove today at one point, but it diddnt last....i hate living in the sticks.

Big_Baller
I believe in global warming because here in Iowa I haven't had a snow day in 3 YEARS. Where are my snow days!??!

Snow days? Blah, today we had a COLD day. As in it was too fricken cold to start cars/buses or to walk. But of course I only find this out after I walked to school.... :# ... Then had to walk back in -50C w/ windshield weather :(

do you carry that windshield to school and back? I'd think you could use some of that energy carrying that windshield in to modding a space heater into your coat! much <3!!!!!!!

Hex

Back