• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime95 - what is going on? please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bad or faulty Ram would cause a blue screen. IE is not an indication of system instability. But that 5 hour Prime fail isn't really either. Some systems have a little trouble and drop a worker but will OCCT for days on end. Some times it's just a matter of place and time and program. Unforunately Prime95 OCCT on and on are not 100% like a rubber, so sometimes you take a failed worker with a grain of sugar.

For grins, try bumping the Cpu voltage just a little tad bit. Maybe 1.12v just in spite of v-droop. Then test Prime95 for hours and hours. Personally, If I've been doing some Heavy gaming for 5 hours, and everything was fine and smooth, that's pretty much stable enough for me and the girls I go out with :p

Bad or faulty Ram would cause a blue screen. IE is not an indication of system instability. But that 5 hour Prime fail isn't really either. Some systems have a little trouble and drop a worker but will OCCT for days on end. Some times it's just a matter of place and time and program. Unforunately Prime95 OCCT on and on are not 100% like a rubber, so sometimes you take a failed worker with a grain of sugar.

For grins, try bumping the Cpu voltage just a little tad bit. Maybe 1.12v just in spite of v-droop. Then test Prime95 for hours and hours. Personally, If I've been doing some Heavy gaming for 5 hours, and everything was fine and smooth, that's pretty much stable enough for me and the girls I go out with :p
Haha, sounds good. Thanks for your help.

For a list of browsers to try, I can recommend two:

Google Chrome and Opera. Chrome is the "lighter" of the two, resulting in it being faster, and Opera has some fancy bells and whistles.

It doesn't hurt to try new things, especially when they are free and doesn't require you to use them. You never know, you might like it. :D

That being said, really good advice has been offered here, Thanks Shrimp! :D

Back