• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Prime95 Worker #5 has stopped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright, so yesterday, I did what BeepBeep said, bumped CPU NB voltage, and my system passed 20 runs of IBT, then ran Prime blend for an hour, which I figured was enough, because it tested stable through IBT. So I started messing with BIOS settings again, this time, inputting my highest FSB as far as I knew before I found out CPU NB affected stability, or rather, rounding errors.. That FSB was 240mhz, and it was stable 20 runs of IBT @ 4.2ghz with NB & HT @ 2400mhz/1.2v. So I bumped up NB multi to 11x, under my own discretion, and tested with IBT. Passed 20 runs of IBT, so I began Prime blend test. And, almost 24 hours later, no errors, no workers stopped, and it's still running. However, some workers are lagging behind on the time it took to past the tests. I think it was workers 1 & 2. But that's probably because I have HWMonitor and Real Temp running in the background, right?

Around an hour and a half until my PC goes through Prime95 blend for 24 hours, if my math is correct. Just wanted to thank you guys for taking your time in helping me. Thank you, keny, BeepBeep, Zes, and EarthDog.

Also, keny, do you still want me to set my HT Link, RAM timings and voltage? Because, my system seems stable for now, but, you never know, right? Better safe than sorry? What I'm asking is, could it be possible that both CPU NB and RAM are under?

Prime95 workers are never quite in sync, maybe 1-2 minutes apart. Not sure if it's due to the fact that they take turns sharing resources such as cache or if it's just that the software polls the cores intermittently.

Also, keny, do you still want me to set my HT Link, RAM timings and voltage? Because, my system seems stable for now, but, you never know, right? Better safe than sorry? What I'm asking is, could it be possible that both CPU NB and RAM are under?

To get the best out of you're ram, now its stable at that click speed, you want to be aiming to run you're memory at the xmp settings as per the spd tab, you're Imc should be ok for ram at 1600

Back