• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Primecoin Wallet Crash!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Okay, I just did a system restore and now the Primecoin wallet crashes saying something about accessing the wallet.dat file.

I am running the wallet as Administrator, and it does eventually load, but it doesn't know the private key now!

How can I resolve this, because I have a XPM payment from beeeer on it's way very soon if I keep mining!

I switch the wallet.dat with an old one, but no luck. I'll try to dig up one of my old wallet backups, but I'm not sure....

Attachments

• no priv key.PNG
    no priv key.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 153
no not disclose your private key.....

I know, but looks like it doesn't matter, wallet doesn't know it :(
(My private key isn't in the picture right?)

I deleted the block index, so it's rebuild it now. I'll swap my wallet.dat after and hope it works.

Nevermind, DON'T send any XPM to my address. you will just loose your coins :(

Last edited:
Wait so your wallet was empty, and you were worried about receiving new coins from the pool.. Why didn't you just change the payment address to a wallet that you can access? Just turn your miner off in the mean time so you don't pass the auto payment threshold. :shrug:

Wait so your wallet was empty, and you were worried about receiving new coins from the pool.. Why didn't you just change the payment address to a wallet that you can access? Just turn your miner off in the mean time so you don't pass the auto payment threshold. :shrug:

Not sure how I would convince Xolokram that I own the busted address.
I mined at beeeeer with that address, so it's not like I can just change it like other pools....

At any rate, the wallet loads fine now. It only crashes when I exit the wallet, it says:

crash.PNG

So I think it should work fine... I won't know till I try to receive some Primecoins...

Okay, I posted in the beeeeer tech support, asking Xolokram what I can do to switch addresses and keep my balance.

I'm re-downloading the blockchain as I type with a fresh install of Primecoin-qt and a new address.

Hopwfully this new address works. :)

Case closed!

I removed and re-installed the XPM wallet, made a new address and got Xolokram to merge my old address with my new one :D

Now I can mine XPM again!

Back