• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

printer sharing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

hey all i have a hp laserjet 4 connected to a windows 7 computer and it works great, i had windows 7 installed on a laptop i was using as a desktop but something happend and now it wont start.

so i dug out my hackintosh and was going to reinstall windows 7 but couldnt find my disc so i used my copy of xp home and it works ok for my uses.

but now i need to share the printer from windows 7 64 bit to windows xp 32bit and some times it will work but after a restart it wouldnt connect any more and i would have to delete it and readd it to get it to work but now that does now even work.

i can send a test print but after a couple of minutes it fails, is there something im doing wrong on xp? it worked fine windows 7 to windows 7. any help and advice would be great

Have you downloaded and installed the drivers for the printer on both computers? you can also try adding the 32bit drivers to your Windows7 computer for the XP machine to download and use. My guess is that the print spooler is failing on one of the two machines due to a driver issue.

Back