• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer Wireless Setup & Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wecome to OCF! :welcome:

Install all software from either the disc that comes with it or go online for the latest iteration before you start the printer; that's usually the printed instructions from my experience. Otherwise, if you are running a later version of Windows the printer should be recongized and the whole process should only take 5 minutes.

HP lately has come under scrutiny for imbedding firmware on the ink cartridges that won't allow any ink cartridges to work in their printers excepting HP ink cartridges. The printer will cease to function once an 'other' brand of ink cartridge is inserted. Same with Brother in my experience.

Agree with Robert17. I always advise downloading the driver and other software from the manufacturer's website so as to get the latest version. Printers may have been sitting on the shelf for a couple years when you buy them. Windows 10 has many drivers already built in for older printers but you won't get the cute user friendly utilities unless you use the install disk or download them from the manufacturer's website.

I use Canon inkjet printers because they still allow you to use inexpensive third party cartridges. Love my Pixma MX922.

My ink cartridges dried up from lack of use during a 9month excursion down in Florida. printed maybe 10 pages worth. don't let yours go that long without being used. squeaky gears now too, was brand new, printer and cartridges.

Back