• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem OC on a m4a785td-evo board (autoclock)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carlp

Registered
Sorry for the double but i tough this is a better place to have an answer
Hi everybody

I was playing with AMD Overdrive Autotune in my computer last day and after pressing the start button, bang! black screen and reboot almost instantly!

My setup is

Athlon ii x2 250
Asus M4A785TD-EVO
2X2Gig kingston 1333mhz standard ram
Cooler master silent-m pro 700 watt psu

I'll receive my GPU soon. An HD 5850. For the moment, I run with the onboard GPU.

I don't realy want to play manually with the setting cuz i'm not really comfortable with all the setting adjustement possible...

So. That's it! I don't know what's wrong! I run Cool&Quiet and all the program that come with the motherboard. So Epu and GPU nos (but it fail to work everytime)

Just go into the setup program (usually the del key) and poke around till you find something that says "load optimum defaults" or "load setup defaults" and reboot and you should be fine, unless some computer part failed.

Did you overclock your cpu? If so, try going into the bios and into tweak manager.. then make sure if there is enough voltage going to cpu, if ur pc still restarts the try testing your ram- memtest or swap the sticks , might be a over heating problem .. check your temps, ermmm you might have a faulty PSU, download a program called OCCT and stress test your power supply. Good Luck Buddy!

No need to double post man!!! Just bump the original thread up! :)

Like was already mentioned, that application doesnt work very well from what I have been hearing. So its best to read Dolk's guide found at this site to step up and learn a bit and overclock the right way.

I think what AmbientFiction means is did you clear the cmos? all mainboards have a jumper to clear any mistakes you might make in the setup program...it is a jumper with three pins and two positions, one is normal, and the other is clear.. so you move the jumper from position 1, with pins 1-2 covered- to position 2 with pins 2-3 covered momentarily and move it back...30seconds is plenty of time to clear the cmos, or you can just remove the battery for five mins and replace it.
After that, the computer should post and say something like "cmos checksum error, defaults loaded..please press the del key or press F1 to continue" ....it is at this time you should hit the del key, enter setup, and find and load "optimum setup values" or something similar.
Some newer boards have a little switch button to clear the cmos, so you will need to consult your manual for that.
Hope this helps,
Doc

Back