• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem....... overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frakk

I'm looking to set some benching clocks. i can do about 4.1 - 4.2Ghz for a 32MB Super PI bench, but i'm looking for more.

The Vcore is @ 1.39v and that's stable for the PI run. yet to get a higher clock i need to get more Vcore, that's where the problems start, it will not go past 1.4 / 1.41v.

As soon as i set it in AI Suite it crashed about 10 seconds later, in the BIOS it simply refuses to boot, i have tried everything from 1.42v to going straight to 1.47v and it just fails to boot or crash without even settings higher clocks in AI.

It feels like something has reached the limit :(

My feeling is the Motherboards overvoltage protection as its not so much a crash, it just powers off, yet the same thing happens even if i turn 4 cores off completely in the BIOS.

I'm at a loss with this one. :shrug:

Last edited:
@ ED, Holy ---- its not the MOBO then, thanks :)

@ trents, see pic.... at that it boosts the Vcore by about 0.125v under load, with it off the Vcore can drop as much as 0.15v.

Attachments

• LLC.PNG
    LLC.PNG
    100.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Frakk, overclock in the bios, stop being a noob. :p

I do i do.... honest :chair:

The BIOS input is the same as it is in AI, they are connected, what ever i do in the BIOS appears in AI..... i just can't be bothered to plug a USB drive in to screen cap the EUFI, most of my drives are filled with Linux and xampp stuff so i would have to back one up so i can over write it or try and find an empty one.

As soon as i set it in AI Suite it crashed about 10 seconds late
Thats windows overclocking. Obviously we know screenshots should come from 'winders. :p

Just busting your chops my friend. :)

Back