• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Asus P8Z77-M PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WickedSick!

I just have assemble a new pc with new pieces and from my old pc. Everything works fine, but when I turn off the pc and then I turn on the pc does not boot, so I have to reset the bios (move the jumper), and works perfect (I can go to windows, etc, all perfect). But when I turn off the pc and I turn on again, it will not run, I have to do the same thing again with the jumper.

The problem is that the BIOS does not "save" or keep it, so what I need to do to be saved the BIOS, and not have to do the jumper again and over again.

The BIOS version is already updated to the latest (1708).
All the other parts of my pc, are fine, working and compatible.
The time and date of the BIOS is remembered, so I think that the problem is not the battery.
When I overclock and fails, I have to reset the bios again (jumper).
I try with one and two memos, but the problem keep on.
When I restart the computer works fine, and always have.
I searched for information, but it didn't help me. A lot of people have said the same problem, that the BIOS can not save the settings, and will respond to update the bios, but the problem remains. I have also looked at the manual several times, but I haven't found anything.

Any suggestions, comments or anything, its appreciated.

My PC:
Intel CPU Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz (1155) (new)
SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON HD5770 VAPOR-X PCIE16X DX11 1GB (old pc)
MEMORY Corsair DDR3 4GB (2x2GB) 1600Mhz PC3-12800 Dominator (x2 8GB in total) (old pc)
ASUS M/B Intel P8Z77-M PRO A/L/V (1155) (new)
CoolerMaster FAN CPU M/Socket X6 Elite (new)
Corsair PSU 700w / 14cm 80Plus Bronze Gaming Series GS700 (new)

Thanks.

PD: Sorry for my english.

Hmm, after you adjust your settings in the bios, do you hit the F10 key to save then hit ESC to reboot? Usually pressing the F10 key will save your settings and a screen will pop up asking you "Save Settings?" or something similar before you reboot.

Yeah, but the problem is when I turn off the computer, and then trying to turn on the pc, it will not boot, so I need to reset the bios (move the jumper). The pc will boot, but with the default BIOS.

It almost sounds like you've got the BIOS jumper backwards (ie. When you're booting it's in factory reset mode)

Double check which of the 3 pins the jumper should be on for normal operation.

The jumper is in normal operation, just like the manual says.

There is no device connected in the USB 3.0 ports. And if there is something connected or not, the problem remains.

Mmm... how can I know that is a weak Cmos battery? I need to buy a new one?

Could be an option of the BIOS? I have read the manual many times, but I haven't found something related to that.

By the way, I don't think that could be a corrupt bios, because the version of the BIOS is updated, and I can go to windows without problem after the reset of the bios.

I don't know why it would be the battery if he has to reset the bios. I would look for boot order in bios and make sure your booting the correct hard drive, it should default just trying things.

Back