• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with the graphics card, or the drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's see a screenshot of HWMonitor after running Prime95 for 30 minutes.

Did that, no luck there. There might be a slight improvement there but not close to what it used to be.

Sorry, I have no idea what Prime 95 is. I'll need more dumbed down instructions

Okay, so I've started that, now when I've done this for thirty minutes I send you a screencap of the HWmonitor temperatures?

You attach the screenshot to the forum by hitting "Go Advanced" then using the paperclip icon.

I apologize for my further ignorance. I cannot find the paperclip icon, and the only other way to show the image would require a link, and I have it saved to my computer. Yes, I did click the Go Advanced button first. While I wait for a reply on how to show it I'll go ahead and say I'm amusing those temperatures means it's too hot.

I apologize for my further ignorance. I cannot find the paperclip icon, and the only other way to show the image would require a link, and I have it saved to my computer. Yes, I did click the Go Advanced button first. While I wait for a reply on how to show it I'll go ahead and say I'm amusing those temperatures means it's too hot.

The paperclip is just to the right of the smiley face, which is beside the font color.

Not there. Probably because this is a new account. Maybe I could PM the image to you and you could post it for everyone else?

If you did not follow through with registering (clicking on the link from the registration email), that may be one reason you cannot see the paper clip in 'advanced' posts...

Not there. Probably because this is a new account. Maybe I could PM the image to you and you could post it for everyone else?

If you did not follow through with registering (clicking on the link from the registration email), that may be one reason you cannot see the paper clip in 'advanced' posts...

What Joe said.

Here it is. I neglected to finish the registration.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    69.7 KB · Views: 27
WHOA, CPU temperatures, what cooler are you using?

Motherboard temps are pretty high too.
What case do you have, how many fans, and which direction are they moving air?

In my build I posted earlier you'll see I bought a cooler but I didn't know the processor came with one. So right now I'm using the cooler they ship in the box with the CPU. If the Cool Master Hyper 212 EVO is powerful enough to bring those temperatures down then I can install that. Edit: Sorry, didn't see your edit before posting, I have the NZXT Source 220 case with two fans, one pointing out the top and one out the back.

:shock: Holy cow!
That's HOTHOT!

Stock is only good for that - stock speeds (like I am stuck with)
Slap that cooler on ASAP

Okay, after a long and strenuous process that required me to de-assemble and re-build my PC, the new cooler is installed. Two questions. Should I do that 30 minute test again, and should the fan be blowing through the heat sink, or should it be blowing away from it?

Okay, after a long and strenuous process that required me to de-assemble and re-build my PC, the new cooler is installed. Two questions. Should I do that 30 minute test again, and should the fan be blowing through the heat sink, or should it be blowing away from it?

Blow into the heatsink.

And yes, please run the test again, we gotta make sure your temps are in check :)

Back