• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with the graphics card, or the drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, so there's some improvement. But will it be enough? Because this is about all that I'll be capable of and I can't think of a way to make it cooler. Because there's no way I'll ever be able to do water cooling.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    71.7 KB · Views: 19
You're looking at a 20-25°C drop in max CPU temps...
Also dropped motherboard temps a LOT.

Now you probably just need some more air flow through your case.

Yep, fill up that Source!

Top/Rear is exhaust and Front/Side is intake.

Thanks a lot guys, especially for dealing with my ignorance early on. This seems to have fixed everything. Super happy I didn't buy the worlds biggest cooler for nothing. One last question though, is there a way for me to switch the direction of a fan without manually flipping the thing around? Also I didn't see any way to mount fans on the front or side in my source.

Thanks a lot guys, especially for dealing with my ignorance early on. This seems to have fixed everything. Super happy I didn't buy the worlds biggest cooler for nothing. One last question though, is there a way for me to switch the direction of a fan without manually flipping the thing around? Also I didn't see any way to mount fans on the front or side in my source.

World's biggest cooler? You haven't seen the NH-D14. I've got one in my tower right now.

No, there isn't a way to switch fan direction without actually flipping it.
There are front mounts, might not be a side mount.

Regardless, thanks for the help. Now I can stop missing my World of Tanks dailys! :)

Though heat rises. pulling air through the heatsink increased temps.
Pushing air though results in cooler temps. :shrug:

Pushing air = 58C loaded temp
Pulling air = 65C loaded temp

I dunno, maybe physics don't apply to my rigs. :p

Anywho Best to leave 'em pushing air through heatsinks I guess.
From what I've read/seen here on OCF, you want to pull cold air from the front of the case, and exhaust it out the back and top.

Back