• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with USB Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zephos

Hey guys, got me a little problem here.

So the other day, I was attempting to root a phone and the guide I was following told me to download a program called Zadig that allows me to install generic USB drivers (WinUSB, libusbK, libusb0). While I was doing this for the phone, I accidentally switched out the drivers for my third party wireless xbox receiver.

This receiver is pretty touchy anyway, requiring a driver reinstallation every time it's unplugged. Now I can't get the device to switch back to its default drivers because, according to Windows, it doesn't have any. It installs the generic drivers once again, but I can't connect my controller without the Microsoft drivers.

I've done everything I could think of, hoping you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance, and let me know if you have any questions.

Uninstall the driver from the device manager for that particular usb hub. Then manually reinstall the drivers from the device manager choosing the one you need to get the xbox to work.

Yes, I find it in device manager>uninstall>check delete software

Then when I plug it back in so that device manager recognizes it those drivers are still there.

When I try to reinstall the Asmedia drivers it tells me it can't find the Asmedia controller. What's that about?

Unless you know the exact filenames, the best thing to do would be to download the drivers for your game controller from the manufacturer website.

In Device manager, select update drivers,
select the manual option where it gives you the list of manufacturers,
select have disk,
point to the location where you downloaded the drivers,
install.

It could give you a prompt saying unsigned driver.

Nah I tried this, it tells me that no compatible drivers were found. Like I said, it's a third party device so the microsoft drivers, despite being the correct ones, don't like to cooperate

Back