• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with NB and iGPU on JetWay board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
More than pushing the ram? I've always been told it goes: CPU > RAM > NB for performance potential via oc'ing. Well I plan on starting a new thread in the AMD section as soon as my stuff gets here. I am going camping here in beautiful NC for 3 days. But hopefully you can help me maximize my system even more then last time. Also, I was thinking about getting into folding for SETI.

Since the cpuNB is relatively new I'm not sure what you mean by "always". ;)

I think if you'll check the Everest results at the bottom of post #5 and top of post #6 in this thread you'll see what I mean.

Here's a quote from another post I made on this same topic. To get the adjusted numbers you see in "( )" I multiplied the results by the cpuNB speed of the other tests divided by the cpuNB speed for that test to "normalize" the numbers in relation to the cpuNB.
1600CL7 13560/9360
1873CL8 15100/10300 (adj. 13326/9090)
2000CL9 13480/9720

The cpuNB for the 1873CL8 tests is running 2273 MHz, not 2006 (stock) as in the other tests. So the cpuNB is ~13.5% faster and the scores average ~11.5% higher. You'll also note the Everest scores for 1600 and 2000 have a variance of ~2%±, which is not really statistically significant, and that the SiSandra scores are virtually the same at < 1%±. If you include the adjusted scores Everest results are ~3%± and SiSandra is, again, virtually the same at < 1%±. You might also note that while the other tests were run at 4.0+ GHz, the 1600CL7 tests were done at a CPU speed of 3.2 GHz, though the 3.6 GHz Turbo mode may have kicked in, we don't know.

So what, exactly, did all that extra RAM speed (+400 MHz = +25%) actually do for performance? ;)

Don't you find it interesting that the only real boost to RAM performance came from increasing the cpuNB speed?

Back