• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project 28:06:42:12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Denbob99

frank.png

Hi guys, this will be my first ever mod, and its gonna be a full case mod :p I've won this:
6085_1.JPG

Off Ebay, its yet to arrive (still unsure whether i've been scammed) providing I havn't been this will be the project log. The plan is to paint it black, internally mount a WC system along with a 240mm rad and add a large vinyl decal to the side. The decal will be a red Frank head (seen above in black) should be interesting.

Here is the image, i've got it on that paper as a rough size and placement guide for the vinyl pieces, next to that are the vinyl pieces I cut out:

dscf0007sj3.jpg

I have 2 options for the rad, if there is space I will mount it vertically at the front and have it pull air directly in from the outside. The other option is that it gets mounted in the roof. Its possible more options will present themselves once I see the case. Will post pics of the case as soon as I can :D Stay tuned...

Update! The case arrived and its a beast! More than enough space for everything and it seems to be brand new :S I've decided to mount the rad so it blows air in from the front and then make a hole for a 120mm fan at the back. Still gonna paint it black.

Here are pics of the case (i'm crap with camera :p):

1000611fi2.jpg

1000612ax7.jpg

1000613ch8.jpg

1000614cc4.jpg

Mods so far:

Cut holes for rad in chassis and roof
Paint case black

Mods still to do:

Mount exhaust fan
Add fan grills
Mount rad
Add vinyl Frank
Install watercooling

Last edited:
Plan changed ;P Due to the logistics of mounting it in the front the rad will be mounted in the roof. I'll lose a 3.5" bay and a 5.25" bay but meh, I never have more than 2 opticals and 1 HDD. This should help dissipate any heat thats trapped up there and force it downwards into the PSU fan and exhaust fan.

By the way Steve, don't you dare come back to these forums till that film is watched!!!!!!

Last edited:
looking good there.....cant wait to see some cutting and mounting.

Back