• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project _-=TimberWolf=-_

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knightwolf6543

well after a few months of upgrading, its high time i call it quits, so i am going to finish my system, FINNALY!!!
here is the plan
fix up and repaint case
watercool it
overclock the heck out of it :D

this is what i have so far:
opteron 165
HDD WD2000 and a 80 gig
single 7900 GS

watercooling parts:
Swiftech 120.2
Swiftech storm
mcp655

got to get:
DFI LP UT SLI-D "here"
patriot pc-4000 2x 1GB "here"
OCZ GamersXtreme 700 Watt "here"
two MCW60"S VGA water blocks "here"
and a bay res

i just got another MSI 7900 GS off ebay so that should be here soo as well!

now for the case: their are two holes on the side of the case i put their so i could put the res on the outside of the case, i am going to replace that with a lazer etched window found "here" the outside of the case is going to be painted a candy apple blue and the inside will be painted black!
pics of currents set up:
P9090111.jpg
P9090110.jpg
holes pictured here:
P9090112.jpg

and were my system sites while i finish this project:
(thinks mebey i should find another case to put this in??)
P9100121.jpg
P9100119.jpg

me too lol, i am getting a part a week so if anyone has suggestions tell me, i want this thing to be da bomb!!
lol, this is how i have it planned out:
this week: mobo
next week: psu
week after: memory
week after that : watter cooling and any other case mods

i am going to have this done before my next lanparty so i can totally kill peoples in the benchmark contests :D

-=UPDATE=-

1rst side pannel painted, i must say it looks awsome!!
instead of candy apple blue (couldent find it) i went with Saphire blue Metal Flake with a white base coat.
next will be wot sand and prime the intterior of the case to be painted black
P9110122.jpg
P9110124.jpg

-=UPDATE=-

well dudes the fight goes on! the second video card has arrived!! w00tage :p
i got another part of the case painted but am running low on paint and have no $$ to get more, got to wait till Sat. , the case is mostly torn down for modding and paint, but my MCP655 pump mount refusses to come off (any suggestions??)
some pics-----:><><>>>>>^^
second 7900 GS
3.jpg

both video cards and my mess lol

4.jpg

painted part ( i am loving this blue :D )

5.jpg

O-NOOOo!! some one jacked my case!!!! :rolleyes:

6.jpg

and for you injoyment, i had a wicked storm earlyer and this is the first time in my life i have seen hail in my area lol.

1-1.jpg
2.jpg

Holy crap! wE DIDN'T even get any rain over here! That's just nuts!

The paint is looking good! For the pump mount, use heat and a knife, or something flat and thin that you can slide in there. Also, brute force works.

That blue looks incredible man, great work! Can't wait to see the finished product :D *subscribed*

Keep up the great work!

P.S. That's intense, Oregon hasn't been acting like Oregon lately in my area, been too hot lately, I want some rain!

i'm ordering the motherboard tommarow! w00tage :D
i am going to get some more white primer , seeing as i used up the two cans i had lol, and hopefully some more of the blue!
ooo i cant wait to get this thing running.

lol thanks i cant wait to get them both going lol but dude to my grandma in the hospital i cant order the mobo till next week. but i'm cool with that. family first :)

thanks ferret, lol
well here is those pics i promised of the case!
back side of the case
111.jpg

inside
112.jpg

front cover
113.jpg

with the benzel thingy
114.jpg

and the top like the wolf pop-out kinda thing :D
115.jpg

this is just the first coat on the blue parts so thats why their kinda multi toned, but i think i might leave it, the multi tone is looking cool :p

lol thanks i am going to keep it that way too :D
but i did run it to some problems
michigan weather 2 , me 0
my front door is being a butt, i primed it , not prob, but when i put on the blue, i came back after it was dry and it bubbled, so i sanded it and primed it again then all the paint is cracked, so tommarow i will turn the heater on in my garage and see if it helps, parts for the case come wed!!!

It might have been too cold or humid for the paint. I know testors paint is very picky about the conditions you can successfully spray it in.

leave it to michigan weather to ruin a good modding project...

Where i live, we experience winter almost 9 months out of the year :(

Back