• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project _-=TimberWolf=-_

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Max0r said:
Hey man, I'm rooting for you! When you paint the case black, what happens with the screw holes? Any complications when you use screws and stuff? Paint chipping? This is for my later reference since I'd like to paint a case black in the future.

i did place tap over the holes to porevent paint fffrom getting in but that dident matter, screws go in fine as long as you dont lay the paint on to heavy you should be fine ^_^, i'll try and see if i can get some pics up before i go to work

knightwolf6543 said:
i did place tap over the holes to porevent paint fffrom getting in but that dident matter, screws go in fine as long as you dont lay the paint on to heavy you should be fine ^_^, i'll try and see if i can get some pics up before i go to work

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

well water cooling is in and i have some temps for you guys but no pics :( i dug out the cord for my camra and found out it plugs into a serial port which i dont have :( soo mabey if i'm lucky vaio will bring his camra with him this sat ^_^

test were done using 3dmark 06 loop for 1 hour and prime 95 for 1 hour

idle:
cpu: 35
gpu1: 29
gpu2: 31

load:
cpu: 45
gpu1: 35
gpu2: 34

i am happy with tthese results ^_^ and for some reason even afetr adding 2 more blocks then my origial set up it seems that my flow has increased lol dont ask me how (mabey it was the way the pump is mounted?) but yeah working great still not done yet, still need memory and psu, i am thinking in instead of doing for ddr-500 i might go for ddr-600 :beer:

It's unlikely your flow has increased by adding new blocks, but those temps are pretty good if ambient is hovering around 25 degrees C

Do you have ambient temps? Otherwise I have nothing to comapre to.

sry i still have no pics of the rig so far, my digital camara plugs into a serial port and i dont have one :( well i was on ebay and found something that i hope i win that will bring a fallen part of this build to life a nventiv mach 1 :)
but i dont know if my stepping is cold bugged or not so i did come up with a solution that will make this more unique :) see what you guys think i dont know how well it will work but i am not going for uber low temps (anything below -5C)
but the only way to see is to make it w00t

untitled-2.jpg

how much antifreeze do you need to run in the loop to avoid freezing below 0 C ??

Interesting idea by the way, definetly hard core for a chiller.

i probuble wont be using any water in this so it would be more of a oil chiller or something :p , i would probuble use fluid xp or flor.... something lol we shall see what happenes in the next 10 hours :p

well actually after much thought i am going to make a window ac chiller for this bad boy :) i will be ordering it in the next few weeks, its a 5200 btu ac, i have some what of a plan on how i am going to do this, but as before i need this whole thing to be portable for lan partys :) so this is going to be a challenge and if vaio wishes to stop by and lend a hand when i get the unit i will be happy :) i will be getting the memory and psu sometime in dec as thats when i am building my parents pc and my current psu and memory will be going into it :)

I will definitely stop by and help if I am not stuck working.

Also, sorry I didn't stop by yesterday. Max called, and when I got to his house, we discovered I had bought the wrong part. By the time I got replacements, it was really getting late. However, I'm gonna try and get over there this sunday.

a/c came in today!!!! pulled of the caseing, yanked out the evap fan and powered her up in 2 min you could see froust forming, in 10 min there was about 1/8 " of a frost on it and with my infered temp gun the temp got to -20C and was still droping but i had to shut it off cause i got school lol. this week end i am going to homedepot to find a container!
and if vaio would like to stop by this weekend i shall have pics :)

Back