• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT: fluffy.... bunny

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok time for a update.
i got alot of work done this weekend, the res is mounted, and i took a old psu so i could use it to power any fans or controlers i deside to put in, relay i put in works like a charm as well :)

some pics:
P8190122.jpg
P8190123.jpg
P8190124.jpg

u better :)

but sry guys ur gunna have to wait a bit. now that school is starting all my consintration is moving over there, as well as money, plus i need to pay someone back. so this project will be back on track in about 2-4 weeks sry for the delay but school comes first.

i got some bad news. after getting it all together before i tested it i started to smell something, after close inspection i notice what looks like a small crack on the suction line. looks like i got alot more work ahead of me. but now i need to look for a vacuum pump as well as a place to buy the refregerents. anyone know of a place? i know it would be easier to just buy another A/C but doing it this way gives me a bit more exp. in this field as well paves the way to me make units for people.

BOC.

I think you might be able to use Propane(R290) which is quite easy to get your hands on or R134a from a car shop.

thanks for the help, right now i am looking into changing the compressor to a danfoss nf10fx and charging it with r404, i am also looking into changing the cap tube for a TXV so pull down is quicker as well as temps being more stable. but yet i am still looking into it and reading as much as i can before doing anything. like in my past threads leading up to this, i was told to READ AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. but with school starting today i please ask for your patients till i get settled, then i can continue this mad science project of mine :)

well after a long talk from a guy over at the Xs forums. i am doing a ground up build.
still designing the system but what i have so far it will have a trombone Hx, TXV and will be charged with r-22, the current a/c will be finished but is to big and power hungry for me to run it 24/7 so it will just be a bencher :)

well after a long talk from a guy over at the Xs forums. i am doing a ground up build.
still designing the system but what i have so far it will have a trombone Hx, TXV and will be charged with r-22, the current a/c will be finished but is to big and power hungry for me to run it 24/7 so it will just be a bencher :)

That is the same reason i never used mine, There are a few guys on XS that really striped them down to the size of a promie and there really nice. Cant wait to see it

i made another change to the gas, since i spent most of my weekend looking for a r22 rated compressor, and had no luck i desided to go with r134a, i can live with load temps at -10 :)
parts list so far:
1/4 HP R134 Compressor 115V/60Hz 3175 BTU low temp compressor
SPORLAN 1/4 ton EE TXV
Trombone Hx

i'm still looking into a condensor.

also other things i need to get started:
Vacuum pump
Tank of r134a
brazing torch
flux copper rods.

thats all i can think of right now.

sry for my lack of updates.
i cleared myself a workspace in the garage on my dads "temporary workbench" now my workbench :), also complete tore down the original chiller. got the filter/dryer, and misc other items. also got a 10 plate HX off eBay that should be coming in sometime this week, still waiting for one of my rc cars to sell on eBay so i can get the compressor and vacuum pump.

DSC02865.jpg
DSC02866.jpg
DSC02867.jpg
DSC02868.jpg
DSC02870.jpg
DSC02871.jpg

heat exchangers put hot and cold liquid/gas in contact with eachother without mixing them. obviously heat gets drawn from the hot fluid into the cold fluid.

Back