• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG PROJECT ISOLATION (modded Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Maker)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just like my old Corolla!!! :rofl:
That really turned out nice Alex!

Hahaha cheers :D

- - - Updated - - -

64MqulY.jpg

Okay, here we go :D

Rust application applied to first parts of the case! I firstly scuffed everything with red scotch brite from MNPCTECH and on all plastic parts a clear plastic primer was applied.

I applied a much thicker coat than before and even let it run in some parts to get a better effect :)

c5gpl3N.jpg

iBE9ROp.jpg

WQCGKzk.jpg

5oV7CAe.jpg

AkshX8J.jpg

lZjgGQh.jpg

02fm91Q.jpg

r83BCkB.jpg

ouO0ZeH.jpg

P6TMwKG.jpg

Thanks for checking it out, stay tuned for the results :D

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
Oooh its going to look really good!

Good thing the case is plastic for the most part. I imagine that paint would actually rust a metal case!

Oooh its going to look really good!

Good thing the case is plastic for the most part. I imagine that paint would actually rust a metal case!

Thanks a lot!

I'll be rusting the entire case, even the inner frame around the inside, everywhere. I assume the powder coating would keep it from actually rusting and I will also clear coat in the end so should be all good :)

64MqulY.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are the results! Overall really happy with the way it's turning out.

I added some more patches of the rust paint in some areas I felt it didn't cover the panels too well.

uHPjviw.jpg

B3KE2FV.jpg

3K4xyk3.jpg

ie5UJDc.jpg

IjubWZj.jpg

eJBBmJC.jpg

nTRPJan.jpg

Here I started to add more rust paint.

yUD6jnM.jpg

fALq8kf.jpg

OtPsWwp.jpg

VTvFgLc.jpg

HaBXEuB.jpg

jD9gj7A.jpg

FKxxXfT.jpg

Let me know what you guys think of the results.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
I don't know if I should be angry for letting someone let a nice case rust like that or in awe because that paint looks so authentic! :p
It looks great Alex, I looks forward to seeing the whole rig come together, that rust really looks good, like it has been left outside for years. It will definitely complete the whole theme!!

I don't know if I should be angry for letting someone let a nice case rust like that or in awe because that paint looks so authentic! :p
It looks great Alex, I looks forward to seeing the whole rig come together, that rust really looks good, like it has been left outside for years. It will definitely complete the whole theme!!

Hahaha thanks mate! I'm really loving it too. When I first started cutting into this case, on the front panel, I felt the same. Was thinking hope I don't completely mess up this case haha! However seeing it come together now, I have a really good feeling for the entire build :D

64MqulY.jpg

Hi guys,

Before I do any more rusting effects on the rest of the case I needed to do some pass-through holes for fittings as well as add some acrylic cover panels.

What I'm doing with the pass-through fittings going over the top of the case is trying to mimic the back of the Dead Space character with the tube and making this part of the loop.

9Byrfx4.jpg

ElpEjIU.jpg

00cjzdD.jpg

HVO92ge.jpg

7vOBXyz.jpg

N4ctTaN.jpg

EsrD0Xh.jpg

ywU5OEF.jpg

8vm7pE2.jpg

VjYGrJZ.jpg

lWdYtnk.jpg

w6ahJn5.jpg

QizEH0a.jpg

SAmXqGC.jpg

AwNEJF0.jpg

JUSQqiN.jpg

qRkKlKj.jpg

GMb0AQY.jpg

nYgbJLK.jpg

jFrtmcg.jpg

I'm also tapping some holes on the back panel as this will mimic one of the arms of the character. You can see what I mean from the banner image.

c2KD9WO.jpg

Just to screw down acrylic panels that I will add.

VXaS8nQ.jpg

I've also added some effect to the acrylic panels just with the Dremel disk

NR5y1TJ.jpg

yr4sGe6.jpg

y7SgAAv.jpg

ufQpkzB.jpg

EDbKJL8.jpg

I'll be rusting everything now.

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
Rough looking! I like it :thup:

Interested to see how the character effects turn out on the case. it'll be a nice touch when it's done!

looks awesome... never played dead space because of my love for nintendo consoles but, i'll be sure to give all non xbox exclusive dead space games a try on pc :)

64MqulY.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are most of the panels from the case rusted, clear coated and I also added some effects with some white paint smudges that I think turned out pretty nice and bringing the whole theme together for this build!

As you can see, compared to previous updates, it seems like the clear coat really darkened up the rust look however I think it looks even better this way and more in line with the Dead Space theme.

I'll be putting it all together very shortly but I wanted to give you guys a close up on all the parts!

DCKseqm.jpg

KfLyF2k.jpg

jkBtDLi.jpg

LvYutjH.jpg

jjzkUd4.jpg

7bsCqw6.jpg

cbl8uUt.jpg

6hP8VQ3.jpg

IfxP5aw.jpg

Mjnd1io.jpg

PQtLy1H.jpg

Cmgfllv.jpg

zHmERnl.jpg

hgmnVoF.jpg

w3HUyDv.jpg

APJJLjT.jpg

aH1WVgH.jpg

paNLqj0.jpg

oRnC2Bl.jpg

pLHIscA.jpg

0s9iUt1.jpg

88sGIlW.jpg

3HzIOAM.jpg

6xOhe94.jpg

djSLxbq.jpg

54Kfu9a.jpg

C2QyQz8.jpg

SELMsIK.jpg

wbHd2QZ.jpg

Let me know what you guys think and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Back