• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Log : More airbrushing :) - enermax CS-718

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

Words comign soon :)
pictures for now

cs718paint001smalleh0.jpg
#
cs718paint003smallms6.jpg

cs718paint002smallqx6.jpg

cs718paint004smallfy5.jpg

cs718paint006smallhx5.jpg

cs718paint007smallfm0.jpg

cs718paint008smallxi7.jpg

Just toying with some ideas, nothing set in concrete yet.

i cant put too much onto these side pannles as they will be overlapped with flames.
but this is just to give me an idea, the hand ofcourse sucks !! but dont worry about that lol.
Rick

heres the final outlines i paint onto,

cs718paint010smallwi1.jpg

first few rough blocks of paint

cs718paint011smallid7.jpg

dome definition. not really happy with it sso far so need s soem more tinkering. the paint is taking to the surface very nicly so theres alot of headroom for error.

cs718paint012smalluj1.jpg

i took the jaw out for now cause it wasnt lookign right. need to look at the photos and figure it out. once youve stared at the same pices fo paintwork for hours its very easy to make silly mistakes and overlook them !!

Rick

the skull and blade shaft is starting to take more shape, and ive roughed in the lower jaw area,

so far, so good ! im just getting itchy fingers cos i cant wait to paint these green flames ><

Signing out il tomorrow
Rick B

cs718paint013smallyd6.jpg

cs718paint015smallcf0.jpg

something strange here... my guns havnt been graced with this colour for quite some time !!

this is about 8-10 hours in

cs718paint024smallwq5.jpg

cs718paint021smallnx8.jpg

started to push the skull back a little by chopping half of it off with paint - so to speak

cs718paint022smalllt7.jpg

the hand is starting to take a better shape now ! more shading needed.

cs718paint020smalllx5.jpg

ha ha thanks guys !

well, i have a series of little elves that live in my garage, i just leave the case in there over night and thats what happens !
i just leave little notes for them to tell them what to do :)

on a more serious note.
:)
I'm totaly self taught, but i do spend alot of time lookign at other people work and trying to figure out how its done. i dont have any books or anything, but magazines like airbrush action are really good !

please stay tuned to this, as although it looks alright now, to me it looks poo ! lol. ill telly uo when im happy with it though !
Rick

how much do u charge :p dude everytime u do a new paint job i show everyone in my house, going HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT, THAT IS FREAKING AWSOME!!!!!!
nice work.... scrach that, AWSOME WORK!!! keep it up!

DDAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!:drool:

That is seriously good...i would love to have that kind of talent...you could make loads of money by doing that lol

How long did it take you to airbrush like that?

knightwolf6543 said:
how much do u charge :p dude everytime u do a new paint job i show everyone in my house, going HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT, THAT IS FREAKING AWSOME!!!!!!
nice work.... scrach that, AWSOME WORK!!! keep it up!
Yeah, thinking about it... an airbrushing of a bleach background onto the off side of my next case would be sweet.
Too bad hes on the wrong side of the pond for me to beg any more.

At least he posts a lot of pics so we can enjoy vicariously. :beer:

thanks for all the kind words gents.

PCmaker401
I've been airbrushing since i was about 15
so thats about 4 years... when i say since i was 15... im talking basic model making applications. artwork came a little after that :)
Rick

more pics btw... including 'now playing' :) music is essential !
little bit more progress,
im happy with the eye on the right, sop im gonna make the one on the left look the same.

the skeleton hand is slowwwwly getting there !!

cs718paint028smallje1.jpg

cs718paint033smallgp3.jpg

cs718paint029smallbg1.jpg

cs718paint030smallyy9.jpg

cs718paint031smalluo7.jpg

right e o

heres some more pics.
the reaper is very nearly complete !

ive added some loose threads, and started to finish the eyes... ive left the hand a little 'abstract' lol looks good in RL

ive been putting the blade off for a while, but tis time to do it !
cant really do much yest as theyre still alot of wet paint on there !

cs718paint036smalluf0.jpg

cs718paint037smallgm1.jpg

Back