• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project P160

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright, got some more work done and more pics.

Here is a full on pic so far.

DSC01196.JPG

The angle shot

DSC01197.JPG

A shot of how much room there is between the power supply and radiator.

DSC01198.JPG

This is where the pump will be going. I have a Petras gel pad that will go under it.

DSC01199.JPG

The wiring nightmare. At least it will be hidden.

DSC01200.JPG

That's all for today. I'm hoping to get the rest together tomorrow, enough to start leak testing at least.

We're leak testing!!! I got the tubing run, blocks mounted and started leak testing at 2 pm today. It only took 15 minutes to get the bubbles out and now it's just running to check for leaks.

DSC01249.JPG

Nice job tommithy, looks great. Post your results when you get that running. I'm starting my project this weekend and I hope it goes as smoothly as yours. :)

dylskee said:
Nice job tommithy, looks great. Post your results when you get that running. I'm starting my project this weekend and I hope it goes as smoothly as yours. :)

It looks like it took quite a bit of skill and talent for things to come out that nice. So I think your out of luck Dylskee :D

SCORPIONlt1 said:
It looks like it took quite a bit of skill and talent for things to come out that nice. So I think your out of luck Dylskee :D
OUCH! Just for that comment i'm going to work early tomorrow and i'm going to practice on your new setup!! :p

Hmm...thats about odd, I wonder wtf I was trying to do then...oh well, looks BAMF man! Great work :D

||Console|| said:
You are going to use hose clamps right .... =)

Actually I wasn't planning on it. That tubing is really tight on the barbs. When I fired up the pump yesterday to start the leak testing I found the 2 barbs that go into the rad were leaking a tiny bit. I tightened those up but in doing so the tubing got twisted. I had to use a hair dryer to heat it up enough to turn it on the barb to straighten the tubing out. Very tight fit.

I am thinking though that I'll put a tie wrap on each barb just for peace of mind but believe me, the fit is so tight on all of the barbs that I don't think it'll leak without any clamps.

dylskee said:

Thanks and good luck to ya! My only advice is to take your time.

Well, we suffered a major setback in the project. Evidentially my X850 Pro did not like the bending I gave it when I mounted the waterblock and has died. It flexes way to easy with only 2 holes to mount cooling items. I noticed it when I put my VF900 on but it still worked. I guess when I put the waterblock on it toasted it.

On the good side, I ended up getting a new X1950 Pro which should arrive tomorrow.

I had 2 small leaks on the rad barbs but tightening them up fixed the leaks. I put in a crappy PCI vid card just to get the system running and the cpu seems to idle at 36c and loads at 39c. Not a bad delta eh? It used to idle at 36 and load at over 50c.

If you're using 7/16" tubing, don't bother with clamps. If you're using the 1/2" MasterKleer though, clamps are a MUST.

Very nice loop though. Get some finished pics :D

7/16" MasterKleer tubing here so yeah, clamps aren't really necessary but I'll put some tie wraps on once it's all finished just because.

As for finished pics, I'll definately get them up once things are fixed. Suffered another setback besides my video card. My trusty Seagate drive is dying so I'm RMA'ing it today. Probably won't get a replacement until the end of next week unfortunately. So today I get a shiny new video card but no hard drive to load windows onto. :bang head

Uhhhh use clamps anyway..... Never go without, its asking for trouble.

Sorry peeps, I've been really busy and have been having stability problems although I think I've got them worked out. Been getting hard lockups with my X1950Pro I put in there but after raising AGP voltage to 1.6 volts it seems better.

I'll try to get some more pics up. At this point I've cut a nice big hole in the side of the case and put in some plexi so you can see in. I'm waiting for another blue ccfl to complete my lighting.

its looking good and i love your mod especially since it is your first

and are you sure there is enough space between the rad and psu to get proper airflow?

Back