• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Rackmount Overkill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ones I just posted? That isn't a server ;)

I'm rackmounting everything. My car is next...
I started putting "server" in quotes and should have left them. I do know that one isn't your server, you have one of those. It just LOOKS like a server. :bday:

Well if he gets a 48 U rack , he can mount in 48 U rack spaces , that case is 4 u rack spaces , so he can mount 12 of those , am sure he wont but he can :)

I recently saw a 48 u rack on craiglist in my area very nice , had side paneling , retail 780 $ , was a pick up for 250 $ , i thought to myself "thideras would have wanted this so bad " :)

Sorry, got behind a train and was actually late for lunch. Then got home, had to stuff everything in the case quick so I could raid. Got Mimiron hard mode (25 man) tonight, server first; all happy and stuff.

Anyways, pictures like I promised.

mainsystem_front1.JPG

Woot a CISCO console cable :) best part of the pic =)

umm im sure u can do/learn more using that cisco cable than u can with a 16tb server :p
How many virtual routers could I run though? 4 port NIC's, quad core and 8gb of RAM? Quite a few :soda:

Also, forgot to mention this until now, but everything is running MUCH cooler. The exception is the CPU, which is only slightly cooler. CPUDamage will push it to 70c on two cores, 64c on the others. Not too shabby for a lower profile heatsink. The noise also allowed me to push my graphics card's stock cooler to 100% usage. That combined with the massive amount of airflow in the case has dropped the graphics card temperatures signifigantly.

mainsystem_graphics_stock.png

EDIT: Those are idle by the way. I can't test load easily from work (remoted in).

How many virtual routers could I run though? 4 port NIC's, quad core and 8gb of RAM? Quite a few :soda:

You can run 100000's with packet tracer... But still not as fun as having to use a "CISCO console cable". But i guess good job on that 16tb :) it will look good on a rack.

Well, I was bored at work. Put FurMark on my other screen and hit a whopping 57c while loaded. I lowered the "ping" rate to 5000ms, so the graph below shows a lot longer time line than with stock settings. I'm pretty impressed with this stock cooler, going to see if I can start pushing it. I was hitting 42c/43c while playing games.

mainsystem_graphics_stockloaded.png

how powerful were the 2 stock front fans that came with the 470? I have a 450 on the way and wondering if I should order some fans.

Back