• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Three Mile Island - Rev. D1 (Oh God!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dear God... You're at it again, and with Rev. D1. I would say "I can't believe it", but that would be a lie. I'll be doing a similar thing too, I plan on building when AM2 comes out and then I'll keep that for a while, we'll see how that plan goes :D.

first parts in:

maze4sli.jpg

i'm so glad that these came with the new-style barbs from DD :)

i'm prolly gonna save for the new case next - then once that comes i can kick the current one out the door (i already have 3 guys that want it) and get some cash for it, then i'll start with all the little hardware, new fans, new WC setup, etc.

last thing thats prolly gonna happen will be the actual CF master card

i should be ordering the case from MM soon - after that the project will be in full swing :attn:

PhoenixOfChaos said:
2. Sneaky's computer budget is significantly more than it should be.

No such thing :p If I can't drop that much cash myself at least i can enjoy it vicariously through sneaky :santa: I love all this stuff

sometimes i begin to wonder how i haven't stopped and called it quits yet - i already have a SICK rig, but now i'm just one step further to have THE rig :eek:

If your rig is not feeling well (poking fun at it being "sick") then I can take it off your hands and try to make it in full health.... Hey I gave it a shot :shrug:

Anyway, it is fun to watch you buy new stuff and mess around... something I don't have time to do at the moment. But one day I will, one day.

well anyways, its starting - i ordered up the lian li 5.25 to 3.5 adapter as well as a lian li floppy bezel, 2 SS lian li on/off buttons, plus a lian li front panel harness to replace the abnoxious ones that ship with the MM cases (from LED/switch to mobo header)

Last edited:
ohhhhh fresh reformat on my hitachis :) feels so good to start off new :attn:

but yea, i've probably spent around a grand and a half at PPC so far, and i've had a couple problems with mis-shipped items, but they took care of it very well, and even cross-shipped when i RMA'd the items!

got the lian li parts in today (floppy converter, floppy bezel, front panel wiring harness, and 2 front panel switches) :thup:

llparts.jpg

after some idle time (was poor LOL), i got all the black buttonhead machine screws, nuts, and neoprene washers from mcmaster - in that pic is almost $100 worth of hardware by itself (i'm goin hardcore with details once again with this rig :attn: ) (edit: got the thumbscrews from jab-tech.com, not mcmaster - just stuck them in a mcmaster bag :p)

hardware.jpg

Sneaky said:
after some idle time (was poor LOL), i got all the black buttonhead machine screws, nuts, and neoprene washers from mcmaster - in that pic is almost $100 worth of hardware by itself (i'm goin hardcore with details once again with this rig :attn: ) (edit: got the thumbscrews from jab-tech.com, not mcmaster - just stuck them in a mcmaster bag :p)

hardware.jpg

damn... LOL.

Back