• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Three Mile Island - Rev. D1 (Oh God!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
switched out the plans for the 1kw PSU to a Zippy/Emacs PSL-6701P-SATA 700W - I really don't wanna pay $500 for a PSU, and I've heard nothing but good about the Zippy 700w :thup:, so I ordered one today :)

I also got some of those black button cap hex head screws from McMaster; using them in my newest mod project (Seen HERE). They are very nice :thup:
Let me know what you think of those neoprene washers as I almost got some too but they just seemed too expensive. I'm looking for some vibration absorbing washers of somekind...

And it's the attention to detail that make good mods great ;)

i love the neoprene washers - they're a pretty good price compared to what you would pay for them at a hardware store, and they're thicker than what most places sell - if you want i can post the P/N for them

Sneaky said:
switched out the plans for the 1kw PSU to a Zippy/Emacs PSL-6701P-SATA 700W - I really don't wanna pay $500 for a PSU, and I've heard nothing but good about the Zippy 700w :thup:, so I ordered one today :)

Where did you order it from? If I can't save up for the Zippy it looks like I'll be the one buying your PCP&C if I can save up some more money fast enough.

i'm gonna need to RMA the PC P&C before i sell it - it seems to be having some problems over the past few days - i'm gonna give PC P&C a call sometime on saturday or monday and see what they can do

so no hurry greek

just curious, where'd you order your zippy from? I couldnt find the sata one around and didnt really need it, since i have the sata converters anyways.

www.myaopen.com - they have the most garbage 6-month rating on resellerratings.com, but i emailed em asking about the PSU - within-hour reply to my inquiry, and i took the risk to get the SATA connectors, and they emailed me saying it shipped around 1:00 today, i replied back asking for a tracking # and they shot that over within 10 minute - damn good service if you ask me!

but according to tracking, a 10.5lb box will be here on wednesday :)

you'll have MANY updates once i order the case from MM - i gotta wait another week before they start the new run of cases where they'll custom cut mine on the CNC punch

You've got it bad Justin. I agree with the others that you really need to get into some kind of computer modding junkie's anonymous. You keep making these serious builds, and then turn around and make another one! What is it going to take to make you happy for a while? You'll be going nuts if you don't mod for a year with the car deal.

Sneaky said:
i love the neoprene washers - they're a pretty good price compared to what you would pay for them at a hardware store, and they're thicker than what most places sell - if you want i can post the P/N for them
Great. Would they be good for noise/vibration dampening?
I'd like the part# too please (and thanks) :)

voigts said:
You've got it bad Justin. I agree with the others that you really need to get into some kind of computer modding junkie's anonymous. You keep making these serious builds, and then turn around and make another one! What is it going to take to make you happy for a while? You'll be going nuts if you don't mod for a year with the car deal.

gf + 8===D + (|) hehehe kidding :p

Sneaky said:
you'll have MANY updates once i order the case from MM - i gotta wait another week before they start the new run of cases where they'll custom cut mine on the CNC punch

sweet :) cant wait to see this one unfold

I excited for Ya... I should be getting my parts ordered this coming week if all goes well!!

955xe es
x1900 crossfire
x1900xtx
PC & Powercooling 1k PSU
Pelts and Meanwell PSU all for the x1900's
P5WD2-E
And 2gigs of Corsair 5400ul ddr2 ram..... all for my Project Eclipse rev.1c :santa:

All I need is the Mountain Mods Case from Project Three Mile Island

Reguards

Barnz0432

this really sucks right now - something is up with my mobo or HDD's - it'll install windows from the disk fine, but once it restarts to begin the actual install, it'll load two bars at the windows screen and then restart, i've tried each HDD separately on each of the board's SATA connectors, and it does the exact same thing every freakin' time!

but the HDD formatted a 25gb partion just fine with the DFI 939 board that i'm using for a friend's, and had no windows boot problems at all :eh?:

for some reason its been acting up over the past few weeks, first it was while i was in windows, it would begin to lag and stutter, then totally lock up, and then it wouldn't boot into windows, and now it won't even fully install it without locking up

so WTF is up with that?

ps: and damn you and guava with that rig!

on another note, my zippy 700w will be here on wednesday... but its gonna be pretty useless if i cant even get the damn thing to boot into friggin' windows :mad:

gvblake22 said:
I also got some of those black button cap hex head screws from McMaster; using them in my newest mod project (Seen HERE). They are very nice :thup:
Let me know what you think of those neoprene washers as I almost got some too but they just seemed too expensive. I'm looking for some vibration absorbing washers of somekind...

And it's the attention to detail that make good mods great ;)

Why not use some of their rubber grommets? I just picked up 100 from Mcmaster. I ordered part number 9307K11

Hmm... the stuttering and not even booting to windows....try clocking it down. If that doesn't work I would say grab your spare old ide hdd and try to run a clean install of windows with just that to see if your main hdd might have died.

Barnz0432

good luck... i got my fingers crossed for ya.

hey...i live right by TMI
hopefully if your rig has a malfunction, TMI wont, because, well i'd die

clocking down? i already put it at stock, and even tried taking it down to 2.8 (14x200), same stuff happens - i actually reformatted and got into windows last night, but after installing a few things and restarting to finish the installation, and it started the sporatic reboot cycle all over

and my spare 120gb HDD has all my stuff backed up on it, so don't plan on me wiping that and installing windows on it - I NEED THOES FILES!

well im pretty sure its the mobo now - i'm on a quick 10gb partion w/ a windows install on my customer's opty 170 rig with my hitachi's in it, and it has no problems at all

it almost seems like the ICH7R controller took a dump on my P5WD2-P... i'll probably end up ordering a P5WD2-E Premium with my next paycheck

anyways MM starts the next run of their cases in about two weeks, so they told me to email them sometime next week and get all the details planned out for the case

i actually may end up saving a sh*tton of cash and just do the single loop that I have right now, possibly run a DD-X19 block on the card and just keep the single card (in all truth, i never found much worth in running two video cards besides a the 13" e-penis factor and benchmark scores), and then just stick an extra fan up front for the hell of it - and if i ever want to, i'll still be able to throw a rad up front for the dual loop setup

Back