• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Threshold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
broke down the Lian-Li PC-A10 HDD racks for powdercoat:

fl 001.JPG

and meet my modding companion, Casey:

fl 003.JPG

Last edited:
Looking great Sneaky, looking forward to seeing more,
and you have one very happy Mouse, and great looking Cat too!!

Here's a little bit of nostalgia from December 2005 - my first U2-UFO case before everyone knew about them!

955XE ES, P5WDG2-Premium, x850XT-PE, 2x1gb OCZ Platinum EB DDR2

images removed because of suspected trojan from that website.

Sorry Sneaky, please host those pics elsewhere please. mudd

See this thread here for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight I dug up a bunch of old cables and pulled the black molex connectors off of them to use in this build once I get the black silicone tubing in that I'll be sleeving the wires with.

I'm going the complete opposite of the current trend - instead of individually sleeving wires, all the wires will be within one single tube like the old school X-Connect power supply cables... but done cleaner and more tastefully

31910 012.JPG

Last edited:
got all my black silicone tubing from mcmaster yesterday that I'm going to be using for sleeving all and any wires in the case... but my mouse pointer accidently scrolled over the "RED" option instead of "BLACK" on the order menu... so I now have 25ft of red 3/4" ID x 1" OD silicone tubing that I can't use for anything - so I need to make a call to McM and see if they can't do an exchange for me

buildlog 098.JPG

buildlog 102.JPG

buildlog 105.JPG

Edit: Last night I also purchased the domain www.reinventech.net along with hosting and email for my PC custom/build/repair home business that I've been running for a while now. All posts have been edited with new IMG links to full resolution 2592x1944 images. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Oh, and another update... Yesterday I gave Ben @ MountainMods a call to check on the status of my custom order. Well crap, apparently the "translucent" neon yellow powdercoat that was supposed to go on top of the silver vein... it turned out to be a non-translucent color. He said that the sample they sprayed looked like a neon yellow hammertone, which is nothing near what I was trying to achieve.

Sooooooo... it looks like I'm reverting to doing the whole case in just Silver Vein, which will still be friggin awesome, but is a big letdown for me considering what I was aiming for.

silver_vein_31907.jpg

Last edited:
The Silver Vein, looks great,

You might want to tone down the Resolution on the pics too, 1024x768 is big enough for forums

all photos have been tamed to a much more reasonable size while retaining a decent resolution

just got my Zippy PSL-6C00V 1200w Power Supply ordered direct from Zippy USA

81%-86% efficient @ full load
+/- 1% Line Regulation
Active PFC

zippyreview1.jpg

zippyreview2.jpg

zippyreview3.jpg

edit: also got Male Molex pins, Female Molex pins, Female MiniFit Molex pins, 3-pin Fan Molex pins, and KK USB/Front panel Molex pins ordered for use in all of my custom tube-sleeved cables

plus I set up an exchange with McMaster to send back the red tubing that I got on accident, and have it replaced with black

all in all, a very good day. :)

Last edited:
Damn sneaky! its been a while since I've checked out one of your project logs. You go all out. I love it. Wanna tidy up my rig?

Alright, I was digging through a box of old watercooling stuff in the basement, and dug up the solid copper Alphacool AGB2 reservoir that I had bought for a project but never used.

It looks too damn cool to put back into storage, so I think I'm going to have to use it as the primary reservoir in this build.

agb2copper.jpg

It's a bit tarnished from sitting around for about 3 years, so right now it's sitting in a jar of distilled white vinegar to remove the oxidation, then I'll polish it up a bit with my dremel. It seems that I couldn't find the G1" top to the reservoir, so I just ordered a new one to take care of that.

Last edited:
here's what you get after a 6 hour vinegar soak, and about 30 minutes with a dremel polishing wheel and compound... one big *** piece of shiny copper!

agb2 020.JPG

Last edited:
got the red tubing returned, and mcmaster sent me the correct back tubing that I meant to order:

buildlog 106.JPG

Last edited:
Back