• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Tokara The 3rd.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just saw this too
ive been tossing up the same basic idea
being a finish carpenter
pretty sure i can tackle this

thanks for the ideas

when i do it
ill post up some picts too

O whoa, didn't even know this thread was still alive (well almost...) I had a few problems with this case (too much tubing, routing was terrible)
But anyways thx for the comments, and after a year or so there was no fire :p And yes I did run them in single channel for a little while, there was some problem with dual until I flashed the bios.

So... I went ahead and built an entirely new case. She's not done yet, but as you can tell, the build quality is on an entirely new level ;)

Tokara IV - A smaller, sleeker, more powerful wooden case

Build Log - http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228363&highlight=tokara

image-1813_4A8B6835.jpg

But If you want to know what happened to this case here was the final product. right before I tore her apart :( She will be missed. Always sentimental value in it.

IMGP1707.jpg

Hey Darkcow ,, really like your New Tokara IV wooden case , especially the inlaid wood really sets it off.

thx, yea that really does make the case "pop" and gives it a wow factor. The last case just had some lame buttons and nobs with two giant fan holes. This case has a much more artsy, modern look to it.

Also Tokara IV is much smaller and it makes so much more sense. there isn't any wasted space. Cable routing is significantly better as well to a point where you barely see them and when you do it fits into the style.

Absolutely amazing looking case!! Love the new look and the rads look really good against that light color wood. Excellent job darkcow! :beer:

Back