• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Wall mounted wood PC - 56k Unfriendly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CandymanCan said:
Some PSU's like the Antec powersupply's have this im not sure if all thier models have this or not but my 550wAntec, has the molex in the back the reason its thier is for external things, Like external fans or cathods or pumps or something. I use my molex in theb ack for my 2 92mm fans on my raditator which is to big for inside my case

Ah, makes sense, makes sense.

Man, that case is so big you could just put a plexi/glass top on the open side, throw on some table legs on the other side, and voila! a desk with the pc built in.

Or maybe you could make it a solid wood top and just put hinges on it so it'd open like an elementary school desk.

I'm sure it'll look nice on the wall too. :D

Well I'm trying to think of an idea for the main compartment window. We were thinking flames coming up from the bottom, but are not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated.

That glittery blue you've got already summons roller coasters and banana seats, and maybe space or sky. Flames could bring additional colour (good), but should tie in somehow.

Sean Lindstrom said:
That glittery blue you've got already summons roller coasters and banana seats, and maybe space or sky. Flames could bring additional colour (good), but should tie in somehow.
The flames would not be painted onto the plexi, but rather they would be cut as part of the wood. So the plexi would go behind all of this and the flames would be stained the same color as the rest of the wood

Knivez said:
The flames would not be painted onto the plexi, but rather they would be cut as part of the wood.
Routed as the other edges, for chubby flames? Or use thinner ply? Either sounds nice.
Knivez said:
So the plexi would go behind all of this and the flames would be stained the same color as the rest of the wood
Stain will unequally darken the plywood edges, and make them stand out, you know. Even clear varnish will bring out the edges.

I want a light golden tone. :cry:

Sean Lindstrom said:
Routed as the other edges, for chubby flames? Or use thinner ply? Either sounds nice.

Stain will unequally darken the plywood edges, and make them stand out, you know. Even clear varnish will bring out the edges.

I want a light golden tone. :cry:
It is going to be light.
We got golden oak stain and spray polyurethane. The radiator side is already stained and polyurethaned, will have pictures up by saturday.
And in reference to the fan comment, The deltas push 110 CFM of air, so one in, one out should be fine for case cooling, plus the intake on the PSU is close to the mobo so that will get cooling. My order from FrozenCPU came in, everything except the waterblocks, which should be here by friday. They decided to give me 2 TT active memory cooling kits, rather than the blue passive heat spreaders with ram heatsinks, which is what we ordered, so their are some more fans into the mix. We also got a package of eight ram heatsinks to sink up the mosfets on the mobo, and are using my old dell passive NB cooler to cool the SB.

DSCF0046.jpg
DSCF0051.jpg
Much progess done since last post. It is just about completed, just need to do molding around the corners of the door and drives. The hard drive bit the dust as well, so a new one is in order. It still works occasionally, but clanks and often doesn't boot up. Temps are about 33C idle, and 40C load.

Last edited:
looks great! i like how all the internal components seem to go together.

i would be a little concerned about airflow though. it seems that you have a lot of fans pointed in counterintuitive directions. The top fan should blow the hot air out and the fans on the bottom should blow in, right? I am afraid the hot air will just be blown back down onto the system.

That was thought about. The tempature difference between the top and side is negligible. The main reason is that the pump gets hot and needs airflow. If the fans were reversed the pump would get much less airflow.

neonblingbling said:
Wow, so much happened in 2 months. I say throw 3 more systems in there..... Folding center! :D
Slightly pricey though :p
We are going to make an HTPC next.
What do you think is the likelyhood of us winning the CPU mod contest they have every month. They have a mod they pick out and put in their magazine. The $1500 newegg gift certificate is just too much to pass up.

Back