• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pros and Cons: T-Line vs. Res...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
first pic or the one on top is for a l35 hydor and it bleeds the system in under a minute 100% .
it reduces restriction at the inlet.
it allows for very easy filling ( and i mean very easy)

thorilan said:
well look at it this way. A res main function is to bleed a system and store coolant and add as little restriction to a loop as possible while reducing inlet cavitation . the bay res only achieves 1 of these well and 1 not at all while the other is still slow.

the basic design principles for it do not put the air above but level with the out poting. not a single person can bleed thier entire system in under a minute using a bay res without changing its mounting to whats not intended by the manufacturer. if done it will still add more resistance.

in most cases people want a res for 1 of 2 reasons.
1. looks
2 functionality

functionality has more than just holding liquid as a requirement to be a Good design

here is an example of a good design as seen in an old thread

This is a classic straw man argument, thorilan. You need to know that at least one person here isn't buying it. Anyway, good luck in your endeavors. :beer:

Thanks for the debate guys! It really helped me learn about the products in question.

Like I said, I was really only wondering what the other half lived like. I don't plan on moving from my DD bay-res anytime soon.

well prove me wrong . everything is backed up and in its logical sequence. just because you have a personal problem with people does not mean you can say thier data is incorrect which i have yet to see mine as in correct and you have yet to prove, so lets see numbers or proof why my statements are incorrect.

no proof and saying things like
This is a classic straw man argument, thorilan. You need to know that at least one person here isn't buying it

and not refuting the logic of my statements and then going on in previous statements to other people with
Now, all of this may be true as you see it. I grant that. However, to say that your response was in line with the question asked is a bit of a stretch. I'm not trying to rag you out thorilan, but I think it's important to remember varied opinions are good for any forum, and should be encouraged.

and also
Why are you trying to start a fight over this issue

so show me the data and not your opinion that other people are wrong.

I'm not trying to start a fight, if I was you'd know it..

I merely suggested that instead of having your stubborn hat on and saying "I'm right, the laws of physics are wrong" Maybe you should listen to alternatives, and read up on what Thor has posted about res's and perfectly designed loops previously. Thor knows his stuff, I'm just backing him up. Whereas you are just outright stubborn and inflexible.

Res's are good if designed right. Most commercially available res's are not. They are designed for looks, not functionality. T-lines are better in some aspects, bay res's are better in some, and a home made correctly built res like the one Thor shows above, has it's advantages. Which one to chose depends on your wallet, the layout of your loop, and if you are trying to achieve high bling factor or not.

thorilan said:
well prove me wrong . everything is backed up and in its logical sequence.

A "logical sequence" that you yourself create out assumptions that simply don't match reality. Why would I waste time trying to prove anything to a person who already knows everything, and can't abide contrary actions or opinions?

You're still arguing with his wording, and lending nothing to the proof supporting your side of (what was once) the debate...leads me to believe you just want to argue instead of learning or teaching.

Look for a second at what the bayres forces one to do with the tubing. You have CPU block fittings pointing toward you, pump fittings point right and up, radiator fittings pointing left and then you throw in a bayres that also points left.
You're forced by it's mounting position to arc your tubing around in half circles that leads to a great deal more tubing (and chances of kinking) than if the reservior were at the pump.
It looks to me that someone really wanted to view their system's water lit up with shiney LED's, waterflow/performance bedamned.
You can't fill it without moving it or a CD drive to access the cap, plus it doesn't hold enough water to fill your system. Sounds exactly like a poor design to me.

While we do prescribe to getting your Bling on, we generally 'er on the side of top performance. Otherwise we'd all be using Thermalsteal premade crap with 1/4" tubing and standing around in drooling "Soma Coma's" awaiting their next overpriced/overated/under-engineered release...pass.

ƒÓÒl said:
You're still arguing with his wording, and lending nothing to the proof supporting your side of (what was once) the debate...leads me to believe you just want to argue instead of learning or teaching.

I'm going to assume that you're talking to me, though it seems to be fashionable among this forum’s glitterati not to quote directly as a form of snub. Why do there HAVE to be "sides?" I expressed my opinion based on what I know to be true, based on my experience. I am under no obligation to prove that thorilan isn't the smartest person in the world, based on criteria that he is conveniently allowed to set. I am arguing with nothing, and I challenge you or anyone else to prove that I have. TBH, most of what thorilan has contributed to this thread is simply incomprehensible and/or so self-serving as to not allow for a coherent rebuttal .

For the record, I haven't once stooped to combativeness, arrogance, straw men, circular logic, pseudo technical gibberish or blatant pandering to support my statements. Nor have I tried to force anyone to support statements that they didn’t make. Sadly, this isn't true of your "side", fool. Now, as far as I'm concerned, we've all had our say on this subject. This being true, I'd suggest we all go back to using whatever we wish and allow others the same privilege. If further discussion is required, please feel free to PM me.

No hard feelings. :beer:

I use a T-Line and a Danger Den Fillport. I went through this debate before building my system. I decided that it saves room, makes the case a little neater, and it one less thing to worry about when it comes to leaking.

I have filled the system twice and didn't really have any problems with bleeding the system. I have a D5 pump, so i found that turning it down a little (to like 2 or 3) and letting that run for an hour or two, then turning it up all the way and letting that run for another hour or so (I don't remember how long exactly, I set it up and went and did other stuff, came back and it was bubble free)

I can't comment on the noise of resevoirs, but my water system makes no noise (I can't even hear the hum on the D5 at full power unless I literally put my ear next to it. ) And I mean without any case fans running, only the pretty much slient fan on my Powerstream PSU.

I think it really comes down to bling (and possibly noise of res I guess)

Implementation is what matters. Any decision to choose a T-line over a RES will be based on personal asthetic preference, functionality, case design, and compatibility with the rest of the WC components. How you arrange the WC components in the case, and which components you use will always be determined by those factors or others.

If anyone on this forum asks a question about the pros and cons of any item, it is ALWAYS answered in debate. Usually the responses are heavily OPINIONATED or they're made based on individual INTERPRETATIONS. Very RARELY does a thread consist of individuals offering thier opinions and experiences without attacking some elses. I'm guilty of it as well. I realized that it will always be this way the first time I signed on this forum, so go with the flow. Let the other guy lose sleep over the trivial chatter and BS most of this forum thrives on.

I like my res setup. Sure it is complete overkill but I had the space so I might as well use it. It looks nice and is very fucntional and if I ever decide to go with 2 seperate loops I can change it. Anyway here is a pic.

WCLoopDone2.JPG

so this
Perseus said:
For the record, I haven't once stooped to combativeness
does not equal combative?

how about

Perseus said:
though it seems to be fashionable among this forum’s glitterati not to quote directly as a form of snub.

or

Perseus said:
TBH, most of what thorilan has contributed to this thread is simply incomprehensible and/or so self-serving as to not allow for a coherent rebuttal .

i dont think many here would agree with you and you still have not given any solid data or info or even helpfull info yet. so far all i see is insults directed in a 1 way direction. you dont see me or any others laying vieled insults or inuendo such as

Perseus said:
arrogance, straw men, circular logic, pseudo technical gibberish or blatant pandering to support my statements

Perseus said:
Nor have I tried to force anyone to support statements that they didn’t make. Sadly, this isn't true of your "side", fool.

where? you are making acusations again with this and yet you have not justified anything as of yet.
Perseus said:
This being true, I'd suggest we all go back to using whatever we wish and allow others the same privilege. If further discussioNow, as far as I'm concerned, we've all had our say on this subjectn is required, please feel free to PM me.

No hard feelings. :beer:

sounds like you are running since you have a problem with me and no way of refuting what i have said . .

to the moderators i would ask that you read the entire thread then make a decision on how to best handle this obvious personal attack that was un warrented and un deserving. i do not want this thread locked because one persons obvious dislike and in ability to present usefull information

OK, I'm not directing this at anyone....

I'm SO SICK of having to read everyones bickering back and forth...can't we just exchange ideas, information, opinions, laughs, whatever else and leave out the egos, flaming, & other annoying BS.

I realize this is impossible, but I had to vent.

This will make everyone feel better: :beer: Enjoy!

Electron Chaser said:
I like my res setup. Sure it is complete overkill but I had the space so I might as well use it. It looks nice and is very fucntional and if I ever decide to go with 2 seperate loops I can change it. Anyway here is a pic.

Ever think about mounting those on the outside of the case?

jivetrky said:
that is one pretty loop :)

what kind of resevoirs are those? I've never seen anything like them
Im pretty sure those are these. (If that made sense...)

@ Electron Chaser:
Is that PrimoChill ICE in your loop? Oh and by the way, its looking GOOD. I presume it is for your Denali?

Actually Perseus, I didn't make a direct quote because I have IE's Jave turned off due a Spyware Hijack attack Monday, so none of the post controls work for me now.
I'm playing nice! :thup:

(I even have to type smiley's from memory too)

BWR said:
Im pretty sure those are these. (If that made sense...)

@ Electron Chaser:
Is that PrimoChill ICE in your loop? Oh and by the way, its looking GOOD. I presume it is for your Denali?

It looks like them but modded a little ... instead of input and output on the bottom it looks like he made a input on top and 2 outputs on the bottom

Back