• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS4 vs Xbone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I remember the PS4 will not support MP3, HTPC video settings and even Music CD's.

PS4 for me, but mostly to use as an HTPC.

I think you can create a poll yourself. When you create a new thread, there should be options to do so at the bottom...

That's correct, came out in their FAQ last week. Now they still can add DLNA support later in a patch, but they probably want people to use their service.

It's sounding more like these systems will suck for people like us who like to control our own content. My HTPC + Ceton Tuner + NAS setup still seems to annihilate all options out there. The thing I wanted was a centralized location for it all, along with some gaming in the living room, but I'm not about to drop a major dollar just to upgrade my Xbox 360 then. The Kinect is fun as it is... just wanted to feel with the times with regards to graphics and whatnot. PC Gaming can only happen in my office, not in the living room with a bunch of friends on one device...

Its been a huge toss up for me lately. Just the last few days was thinking about it again that I want one... but then again which? Then again with all this resolution crap and stuff going on... Arg why do they have to make it so difficult. With that I will be waiting to see what happens. Wait til Destiny comes out or something to decide.

PS4 sounds nice, seems like a lot more of my friends have this console but... not many exclusive games I want. Killzone I'd love to play and probably the other few that exist at least thats what it is currently.

Now with XB1, I get my Forza (much better than GT whatever it is), Dead Rising 3, and Rise which seems cool. Still can use my Xbox subscription as well.

Its been a huge toss up for me lately. Just the last few days was thinking about it again that I want one... but then again which? Then again with all this resolution crap and stuff going on... Arg why do they have to make it so difficult. With that I will be waiting to see what happens. Wait til Destiny comes out or something to decide.

PS4 sounds nice, seems like a lot more of my friends have this console but... not many exclusive games I want. Killzone I'd love to play and probably the other few that exist at least thats what it is currently.

Now with XB1, I get my Forza (much better than GT whatever it is), Dead Rising 3, and Rise which seems cool. Still can use my Xbox subscription as well.
Normally, I could afford to buy both and resell the one I don't want (even if at a small loss). Now, I don't have that luxury, so I'm with you bro. On one hand I know the PS4 does better resolution, has more horsepower, and costs $100 less... on the other hand, I already have an Xbox 360 and would prefer not to change families, the XB1 can use my Live subscription, and from what I've gathered it's more oriented to entertainment than just pure gaming.

Normally, I could afford to buy both and resell the one I don't want (even if at a small loss). Now, I don't have that luxury, so I'm with you bro. On one hand I know the PS4 does better resolution, has more horsepower, and costs $100 less... on the other hand, I already have an Xbox 360 and would prefer not to change families, the XB1 can use my Live subscription, and from what I've gathered it's more oriented to entertainment than just pure gaming.

Yeah having kids, makes doing things like this a hard choice. Not only cash but time. Yeah I think I've officially decided to sit it out at least til Spring time next year... give it a little time to see what the major issues are with each, give me time to finish playing the games I have on X360, because I very well know that if I get a new one, there is no way I'll be touching the older one.

Only thing that has me holding out for more hope on the XB1 is the cloud power for extra features, but who knows.

Yeah having kids, makes doing things like this a hard choice. Not only cash but time. Yeah I think I've officially decided to sit it out at least til Spring time next year... give it a little time to see what the major issues are with each, give me time to finish playing the games I have on X360, because I very well know that if I get a new one, there is no way I'll be touching the older one.

Only thing that has me holding out for more hope on the XB1 is the cloud power for extra features, but who knows.

I feel like I should be taking advantage of being on the front line of the pre-orders, though... if there can be $$ made, I may just keep both of my pre-orders, but that's a gamble.

I feel like I should be taking advantage of being on the front line of the pre-orders, though... if there can be $$ made, I may just keep both of my pre-orders, but that's a gamble.

Consoles sold out... someone will pay more then what its worth to get their hands on it now and not a month from now, or even a week from now.

If you plan to flip it, do it as soon as you get it because others are probably in the same boat I bet. Check ebay before the PS4 release and start seeing the numbers as some are going already for $600-700+ already for launch editions. Totally forgot about doing this too :( Was going to order a few and flip them this time considering how much people made last time on desperation. Even saw a reservation card going for $140+ on ebay.. just for the reserved console!

LOL, I can't help it... When I first saw this thread title, I thought, for a while actually, that this was a dig against the Xbox, I keep reading it, X Bone instead of Xbox One. :rofl:

LOL, I can't help it... When I first saw this thread title, I thought, for a while actually, that this was a dig against the Xbox, I keep reading it, X Bone instead of Xbox One. :rofl:

Not the only one that kept seeing that. Hey Nintendo had the Wii... Microsoft has the XBone... Sony, well we are still waiting.

I, too, read it as X Bone every single time, and this is not the only forum that has it that way. If you didn't notice, I started copying deathman by typing it as XB1. That's muuuuch better ;)

Licensing costs in order to keep the price low of the console. And they probably want people to use their music unlimited service.

That explains the MP3s... but not music CDs (do you have to have a license to play physical media?), right?

You actually do from what I understand. Music CDs are a licensed feature. And they use a separate laser from what I understand (someone correct me of I'm wrong there).

You actually do from what I understand. Music CDs are a licensed feature. And they use a separate laser from what I understand (someone correct me of I'm wrong there).

Well it would use a laser from a CD player. If they just have a blu-ray laser and no CD or DVD one I bet that wouldn't work.

With at least Sony, they have been pushing the console as pure gaming. With MS they have been pushing it as home entertainment and the go to hardware for everything.

Which is funny considering it won't play Blu-ray movies at launch.

I know... not sure about everything else as I haven't gotten that much into detail about in/out's of the hardware but not being able to play Blu-Rays just seemed odd, unless they are still working out a lovely agreement with Sony on that one.

Back