• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS4 vs Xbone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tons of reviews are out already (all of the embargoes are lifted for at least first party games) what are you looking for for comparisons?

Not sure exactly just aspects of the console.

The processors are nearly identical if not the same (speed wise). We know the PS4 out of the box is more powerful stand alone graphics wise. XB1 has 2/3's of the PS4 graphics power based at least on CU's, but it has the cloud for additional performance.

Guess its really just understanding how the XB1 cloud will function.

Not sure exactly just aspects of the console.

The processors are nearly identical if not the same (speed wise). We know the PS4 out of the box is more powerful stand alone graphics wise. XB1 has 2/3's of the PS4 graphics power based at least on CU's, but it has the cloud for additional performance.

Guess its really just understanding how the XB1 cloud will function.
F

Hey deathman.

There's no point in buying either console unless you plan on selling it for Christmas.

Not unless you're a really big Forza or Killzone fan.

Everything about both consoles is horrible now. Playstations crashing left and right (like they always do at launch), Xbox One's with really crappy/half-finished interfaces... most of their games are still available on current gen systems...

Really until a "Gears of War"-type game comes out for one of the systems... it's completely pointless.

If you're not buying to sell then I'd just wait until the next batch of their hardware comes out AFTER the holidays. You might even be able to catch a sale then.

F

Hey deathman.

There's no point in buying either console unless you plan on selling it for Christmas.

Not unless you're a really big Forza or Killzone fan.

Everything about both consoles is horrible now. Playstations crashing left and right (like they always do at launch), Xbox One's with really crappy/half-finished interfaces... most of their games are still available on current gen systems...

Really until a "Gears of War"-type game comes out for one of the systems... it's completely pointless.

If you're not buying to sell then I'd just wait until the next batch of their hardware comes out AFTER the holidays. You might even be able to catch a sale then.

You just made me think... I have the XB1 waiting for me at BB. I'm wondering if I should flip it now, or take the chance of flipping it just before X-Mas... are there talks of it being out of stock then?

Also, I'm not sure Epic is going to have another GoW out... if so, I swear, that would be the SOUL reason I keep an XB1. In fact, that's my favorite game when compared to the passed 10 years I've been gaming. The only other game that tops it in my opinion was back 10 years ago when Half-Life: Opposing Forces CTF was big.

You just made me think... I have the XB1 waiting for me at BB. I'm wondering if I should flip it now, or take the chance of flipping it just before X-Mas... are there talks of it being out of stock then?

Mehhh.... Don't know if that's such a good idea (see attached image).

xboxone1.jpg

Don't know what it's like in the states... but they have a WALL of Xbox Ones here in Berlin (yeah I'm in Berlin now... I get around).

Europe is cash-starved right now... I think the PS4s are all sold out... but they aren't havin' it with the Xbox One's. That picture has three shelves: First shelf is accessories, second is regular systems, last is day one systems. And they have about a 70 foot long shelf opposite that filled from beginning to end with xbox ones.

Maybe things will get tighter around christmas time... so it might make sense to buy it, hold it, and see what happens on December 24th.

If the states is like Europe right now... you won't get much more than face value for the system unless you sell to some town that just has low supplies.

I went to the local BestBuy last night with my brother to check out TVs since he's moving, and there were a total of 8 people there for the Xbox One release, and about the same at the GameStop across the street. I definitely don't expect there to be any shortage around here.

I went to the local BestBuy last night with my brother to check out TVs since he's moving, and there were a total of 8 people there for the Xbox One release, and about the same at the GameStop across the street. I definitely don't expect there to be any shortage around here.

It's the $500 price tag. This is a whoooooole new world from when the 360 and PS3 were released. People aren't so quick on the trigger to buy a videogame system for $500 anymore.

If it was 200-300... then I'd have one... and I don't even want one. 500...?

Mehhh.... I don't knooooooow...

500 is an iPad Air now... or a REALLY nice phone... or a TRIP!

For most people 500 is that month's rent.

Of course the Xbox One will sell as it gets closer to christmas... but I don't expect anyone to be freezing outside and lines around the block and all that trying to get one.

These are different times...

I do like consoles to play with my son. But as mentioned above I feel no sense to dive in and grab one. I can play everything on the current systems with my son with his old first version xbox 360 we bought used for 60 bucks off a guy hard up for cash lol.

Also I work doing repair at a certain big box retailer. Last night I left work the line for xbox one was meh outside. Now for the ps4 it was out of control they had some extra systems on hand not preordered and had to send someone out to just sit outside and tell anyone after that we would not have a system for them.

So PS4 here in the states i'd be willing to say might be super hot because at we have none and get tons of people everyday asking about them. Xbox one on the other hand i believe we have some on hand and no one ask about them preorder wise it was like 1/4th or even less of what ps4 took in.

Personally price is what keeps me away also. For $500 plus game,accessories, etc. I can build a medicore gaming pc that i just feel would be way more bang for my buck. Or go pick up a "last" gen console with EVERYTHING and enjoy it for another year or two before it stops getting stuff (new cod or whatever). Plus my son loves the free 360 game every half month with his gold.

IMO at this moment in time it's really only for the super die hard fan of a console or if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and want to be the kid on the block with the new hotness.

My fiance and I were just talking last night about buying a new (or nice used) 360 with extra wireless remote with cod ghost and maybe Blops 2 to play together. Plus my son can join in the fun and he has some games already :)

I agree. $500 is a very high price. The most I had ever seen was $399. And now that people know you also have to pay for a membership AND a game, you're hitting near $700 after taxes, just for a single game and no extra controller. That is nuts!!

I do like consoles to play with my son. But as mentioned above I feel no sense to dive in and grab one. I can play everything on the current systems with my son with his old first version xbox 360 we bought used for 60 bucks off a guy hard up for cash lol.

Also I work doing repair at a certain big box retailer. Last night I left work the line for xbox one was meh outside. Now for the ps4 it was out of control they had some extra systems on hand not preordered and had to send someone out to just sit outside and tell anyone after that we would not have a system for them.

So PS4 here in the states i'd be willing to say might be super hot because at we have none and get tons of people everyday asking about them. Xbox one on the other hand i believe we have some on hand and no one ask about them preorder wise it was like 1/4th or even less of what ps4 took in.

Personally price is what keeps me away also. For $500 plus game,accessories, etc. I can build a medicore gaming pc that i just feel would be way more bang for my buck. Or go pick up a "last" gen console with EVERYTHING and enjoy it for another year or two before it stops getting stuff (new cod or whatever). Plus my son loves the free 360 game every half month with his gold.

IMO at this moment in time it's really only for the super die hard fan of a console or if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and want to be the kid on the block with the new hotness.

My fiance and I were just talking last night about buying a new (or nice used) 360 with extra wireless remote with cod ghost and maybe Blops 2 to play together. Plus my son can join in the fun and he has some games already :)

Black Friday. Every single store will have bungles with the system, the games, extra controllers... you name it. And it's only a week away now.

A lot depends on my fortunes... I might pick up a new system if this grant rolls in. Probably not before next year though. I would get another 360 to replace the one I sold (that was always the plan), but with the new systems already out I'd probably just save up for getting that... 100 bucks a month... might be able to get one for my birthday in March!

I agree. $500 is a very high price. The most I had ever seen was $399. And now that people know you also have to pay for a membership AND a game, you're hitting near $700 after taxes, just for a single game and no extra controller. That is nuts!!

People have wised up. It might've made more sense to include an extra controller and a game instead of the Kinect (especially considering that, right now, for 500 bucks, you've got a game system with no game, a camera, and a horrible 1.0 interface that locks up on you from time to time.)

I think they really underestimated the impact of that $500 price tag (especially in Europe... where 500 euros is already like 650 dollars.)

I was excited about the prospects of the Xbox1 as an all in 1 system for entertainment, but I thought I remember reading that the Xbox1 doesn't do surround sound pass through if you hook up your cable box to the XB1 then to your receiver. I can't seem to find that info now. Anybody else see info/reviews on how the XB1 performs as a main media hub hooked up to a receiver?

What?! It actually has games I want to play that I can't get on PC. The other two don't...

Also it's relatively cheap to buy second hand now. As for Next gen consoles I think I will wait until the kinks are out, and some games actually come out, but I'm definitely getting an Xbox before ps4.

Just got an XboxOne this morning at Target and am working to get it sold.

You'll probably have to sell it for a loss with so many available... Nothing like PS3/360 release this time around.

Eh worst case I think I'll be able to make some on it within the next few weeks before christmas. Worst case I about break even or I now have both next gen systems...

Eh worst case I think I'll be able to make some on it within the next few weeks before christmas. Worst case I about break even or I now have both next gen systems...

Yeah... this definitely isn't like the Day One sellouts with the PS4.

PS3 initially launched for 500 bucks too... but both the economy and the game market were different then.

I wouldn't mind having one of those "Day One" controllers... but I'm pretty sure I can just have somebody in China send me one.

EDIT: Wow... Xbox One's aren't doing so well on Ebay... top price I see is $550.

I just sold the XB1 for $630 cash locally yesterday, so it still sells. It was an old friend's brother, so I'd knocked of $20, even though he was gonna give $650.

I may get another if/when I can, hold onto it for the Holidays, and if it doesn't sell, I'm keeping it. I almost regretted letting it go yesterday... looked so purty...

Looked at a couple of stores around here and no Xbox One's at all. All sold out on Friday.

Thats 2x Targets, 2x Best Buys, 1x Game Stop. Had to do some errords so was running all over the place just to see what was in stock.

I know the PS4's where worse, because all the controllers where sold out at most stores around here. Least the Xbox you can get controllers LOL

Back