• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU 24pin sleeving question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

I assume each of those pins must be put back in the exact location they was taken from?

Fixing to sleeve the 24pin cables and figuring I should do them 1 by 1.

1 by 1 is the safest way to do it. You could always take a picture of it and so them all, but....

As long as the color is the same, you're fine. A position that requires a red (5v) wire just requires a red (5v) wire, it doesn't matter which red (5v) wire.
You absolutely positively MUST get the colors right, though. Messing up one (1) will do something between instant-shutdown and instant-fry-everything-in-the-case.

There's also various charts floating around in addition to taking a picture.

atx-connector-20-24pin.jpeg

I would probably do it 1 by 1 because I would feel most comfortable that way, but there's no reason why you couldn't do all of them at the same time.

I'm color blind so the only way I can keep track of wires is to tag them and the connector before removing the pins from the connector (I haven't tackled a 24 pin yet).

Technically it doesn't really matter since you will never see the color of the wire post sleeving. Just better make sure that the connectors are coordinated.

Back