• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU for amd ryzen 5 2600 (OC)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i am so sorry i was not active on the forum i had my exams , anyway i am from india and i would rather not order something online from abroad because excise etc. the ram you suggested costed 27k and the gigabyte ram costs me 16k , psu costs 12k (evga)and antec costs 6.1k

Understandable, we base our suggestions on local availability. If you had shared links to where you shop we may have been more helpful.

Ive bought corsair vengeance 2x8gb and corsair cx650. But my brother is also buying a new pc and i can give these two to him.

Just want to know if its good enough as i still got the option to change it.

I would be inclined to get different RAM for Ryzen, It can be fussy and Corsair doesn't have the best rep. What's your budget not sure what currency that is

Last edited:
I have this ram:
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...ddr4-3600-desktop-memory-f4-3600c19d-16gsxkb/

i'm still waiting on the CPU to arrive but when it does (same 2600) and if you have the time I can let you know how it does at stock clocks. I didn't plan on getting such a high speed but when I bought it, it was only $5 more than the set I wanted

as a side note, at ₹15,418 that equates to $217.85, you sure it isn't cheaper to buy from taiwan, japan or some place closer?
as a frame of reference I paid $120 on sale and currently on new egg its $135

edit:

forgot to mention about the PSU, I've had the CX750 for a few years now and its going along fine, even after a few years its still putting out fairly clean power unlike some of the others ive had in the past.
just keep it dusted

15k is in budget, i can wait for your review on it. Btw these are the specs of my current ram.

Density: 16GB (2x8GB)
Speed: 3000MHz
Tested Latency: 15-17-17-35
Voltage: 1.35V
Format: Unbuffered DIMM
Pin Out: 288 Pin
Intel XMP 2.0
Heatspreader: Anodized Aluminum

And how do they work, those specs are the typical PITA ones.

Idk bro im a newbie. here's the model number CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

And how do they work, those specs are the typical PITA ones.

I thought you already had that set of RAM in your system and I wanted to know how they're behaving? I already know enough about the RAM from the name and timings

Oh, actually i have not started the system yet, the mobo was faulty so i sent it back for replacement.

Noob question : the box of my ram say that "supports core i7 or intel core" does that mean it wont work with amd?

alright new board cpu and ram is installed. I'm having driver install issues at the moment but I am able to run at 3200 16-18-18-36 off the bat after configuring general bios settings. it was a pre set thing in this "Try It!" setting I saw in the ram settings.

needless to say I tried it, but I adjusted its voltage settings to run the 1.35v the ram was rated for at 3600 so I am fairly certain I could get a cas 15-14-14-32 or 16-15-15-34 if I tried.

Once drivers are sorted i'll get you some numbers...

Oh, actually i have not started the system yet, the mobo was faulty so i sent it back for replacement.

Noob question : the box of my ram say that "supports core i7 or intel core" does that mean it wont work with amd?

Doesn't mean it won't work but it is "tuned" for Intel which is why it can cause issues

It will work but possibly not at full rated frequency of 3000 mhz. The timings are different when tuned for Intel than for AMD. Having said that, motherboard manufacturers have made adjustments in bios to try and compensate for that difference so it's more likely they will work out of the box than when Ryzen first debuted. When you assemble the system set the RAM in bios to "XMP" and see if it works and is stable without having to tinker manually with timings.

yea I was able to hit the XMP 3600 setting on my new build the other night and the only thing I had to adjust was the voltage, it was trying to give it less than 1.35v
but it was a matter of turn it on a go pretty much, haven't had any problems with it yet.

as an example I took a screen shot with some info in case your wondering:

example.jpg

ignore the CDM part, I am having a problem with my boot drive. I thought it was from trying to use an old install of windows but it gives the same results outside of windows as well.
I just ordered a adata SX8200 (on sale for $50 today) i'm pretty sure it'll fix the problem

Back