• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU or Software issue What do you guys think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ikameozero

Registered
After booting to windows system randomly freezes

Hi all ive Oced my system many times and never seemed to have this problem before im using 2600k Oced to 4.7ghz it was all fine then this random crash started to happen.

basically as windows loads 8 times outa 10 its fine then when it decides to crash it loads to windows, windows comes on the mouse gets the loading ring at the side of it but i can't click on anything im wondering is it a power issue possibly PSU because my PSU is a Cyber Power 1100W which isn't a very good brand.

im running as above 4.7ghz 2600k, 4 gigs of 1600mhz ram water cooling for cpu and a 6990 ati powercolour so im trying to think is this hardware or software is it windows just messing up or is it pc not enough power to support the startup since im useing slightly higher OC my voltage is only 1.405v

I would set the CPU to stock and see if the issues continue. I can find no useful information about that PSU. Not exactly a good sign, but the case appears to be large enough that it might really be a 1.1kw unit. Hard to say at this point.
I don't exactly trust it by any means.

Did you try lowering the overclock? raising the voltage? What have you tried?
ill try raising the voltage but last time it seemed to make it worse thats what made me think it was the PSU should have put that in my main thread sorry but ill try even higher than before like 1.420 just for short period and see if its stable sorry for late replys

ok so i tryed upping the voltage leaving the cpu at 4.7ghz in 2 increments even tho it was stable in prime for 8 hours on the old V setting just restarted 8 times in a row and seems to be fine but as i said it happens randomly sometimes it dont happen at all some days so ill get back to you guys in a day or so an tell you if any crashs

It could be the power unit on the motherboard also. What board are you running?

ok so its been a day with the voltage 2 increments higher than it was before 1.415 and as usual when pc is first turned on in morning it happend again im gonna put it back down to my 4600mhz with 1.385 volts see if it becomes fully stable again all this fuss aint worth it for 100 mhz also im worried because the power supply is a no name brand that it might fry everything inside my comp ill get back to you all in a day see it it is stable at my old setting and my mother board is a P8P67DELUXE asus not a cheap board

ok so its been a day with the voltage 2 increments higher than it was before 1.415 and as usual when pc is first turned on in morning it happend again im gonna put it back down to my 4600mhz with 1.385 volts see if it becomes fully stable again all this fuss aint worth it for 100 mhz also im worried because the power supply is a no name brand that it might fry everything inside my comp ill get back to you all in a day see it it is stable at my old setting and my mother board is a P8P67DELUXE asus not a cheap board

Replace that "thing" now. I mean it. Now.

Back